Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Default Sound Fading In and Out / Overheating ER?

Last Saturday our band had an outdoor gig and the sun was pounding the ER for about 4 hours before our band took the stage. Mine is in an SKB 6 rack space portable rack. A couple of hours before we went on, I covered the rack/ER up with a black sheet after touching the ER chassis and noticing it was hot enough to cook eggs. We took the stage around 9 pm and at this point the sun was down and it was dark. While playing several times my guitar sound starting fading out and getting thin and then would come back again. Wondering if I fried my ER, literally? Anyone else play outside and subject their ER to Sun pounding and have any problems?