Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2022, 12:30 AM

Default Mystery Fader Strip keeps popping up

Hi all, I dont know if I am doing something silly but I have a new mac and have been moving everything over from my old mac. This means all clean installs of PT, plugins, UAD software etc. I then copied over some projects and opened them up but I keep getting this fader meter popping up non stop and I cant make it go away. it doesnt seem to have focus on any particular track and even if I close the mix and edit windows it keeps popping it up (or minimizing). I tried making a brand new project and then started redoing stuff and it showed up again. I am scratching my head trying to figure out if i have something selected in preferences? I think it may be related to toontrack but i just dont have any damn idea. It reminds me of the fader that pops up when you create a fx send. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. I am migrating from a trash can pro to a mac studio. Both OS versions are identical and I have never seen this particular thing happen with any other os including the same on the mac pro. Thanks. Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 6.23.12 PM.jpg (42.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 6.23.29 PM.jpg (34.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2022, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Mystery Fader Strip keeps popping up

Are you using EuCon?
Old 04-04-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Are you using EuCon?
I am. I double checked my settings but when this started i had not yet enabled the eucon on PT yet.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:33 AM

This is just me and how we do it here but we never ”copy over” anythyas it tends to break things sooner or later so IMHO and i knlwit’s time consuming but we fe-install everything when we swap Apple mac.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-05-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonetl View Post
I am. I double checked my settings but when this started i had not yet enabled the eucon on PT yet.
More importantly, if you disable eucon in Pro Tools, does it go away?

This looks like the eucontrol settings on the General tab for "open windows on workstation" has pan included (which is on that same fader strip)

The reason it may not seem like it is following a track is because the "attention most recently clicked DAW area" in Eucontrol choices. So even though you might not have selected a track, if you click in the Edit window on that track's area in the work area, Eucontrol will focus on that without the track being selected in Pro Tools.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
More importantly, if you disable eucon in Pro Tools, does it go away?

This looks like the eucontrol settings on the General tab for "open windows on workstation" has pan included (which is on that same fader strip)

The reason it may not seem like it is following a track is because the "attention most recently clicked DAW area" in Eucontrol choices. So even though you might not have selected a track, if you click in the Edit window on that track's area in the work area, Eucontrol will focus on that without the track being selected in Pro Tools.
Thanks I think you may be on to something. I dont really recall what I had setup exactly on my other mac and I already flattened it to sell. here is a screenshot of my settings. Do you have any recommendations on what to modify? I did turn off the eucon in PT and closed it and then closed the strip and it did not pop back on even after I re-enabled eucontrol. I need to definately read into the settings a lot more in the eucontrol manual. I appreciate your time it was really helpful. Thanks Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 12.51.34 PM.jpg (43.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-05-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
This is just me and how we do it here but we never ”copy over” anythyas it tends to break things sooner or later so IMHO and i knlwit’s time consuming but we fe-install everything when we swap Apple mac.
Sorry maybe I was not clear i only copied over the project files. Everything was a clean install from Protools to all my UAD and plugins software. I didnt want to bring any unknowns from my mac that could cause me grief.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonetl View Post
Do you have any recommendations on what to modify?
First thing that will stop this is:
change "Open windows on workstation when editing:"
(left column, lowest drop down box)
to an option without "Pan". It can't include Pan as pan is what's causing that fader to pop-up.

If you want the track that's in focus only to be the track you have clicked the track name (or clicked on a control on that track) for Eucontrol, uncheck "Edit window" in the "Attention most recently clicked DAW area"