Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 03-14-2017, 07:01 PM

Default Could not create the TCE plug-in’s factory default file because a DAE error . . .

Getting the following error message after reinstalling Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
RAM 6.00 GB (5.88 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System

Quote:
Could not create the TCE plug-in’s factory default file because a DAE error was encountered.
DAE error 0 was encountered.
When I open an existing file I then get this:
Quote:
The following plug-ins were made inactive because of insufficient system resources:
Click (1)
D-Verb (1)
Structure Free (3)
Xpand2 (5)
I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.

I reinstalled because my playback engine set-up will not prevent noise from interfering with recording. Help!

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2017, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Could not create the TCE plug-in’s factory default file because a DAE error . . .

Hi rich !

Try this , in the same order and let me know .

Trash databases and preferences . See if this helps .
If no success or you already tried that then :

Download the PACE interlock driver package .
Extract it and run the exe inside the folder named OLD INSTALERS . Restart and try agian .

Let me know if it doesnt work to go further !
Old 03-15-2017, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Could not create the TCE plug-in’s factory default file because a DAE error . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Hi rich !

Try this , in the same order and let me know .

Trash databases and preferences . See if this helps .
If no success or you already tried that then :

Download the PACE interlock driver package .
Extract it and run the exe inside the folder named OLD INSTALERS . Restart and try agian .

Let me know if it doesnt work to go further !
I did what you said and the only thing different now is that I have my D-verb back.

Not 100% sure if I did the iLok thing exactly like you suggested. I think I did, though. Any other things I could try?

Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Old 03-15-2017, 12:51 PM

Ok with the ilok just download the lastest version . Open the package and inside youre gonna find a few folders one of them named Old Installers . Dont unistall anything just install the file inside named Interlock Driver Setup Win64 . Reboot an try again .
I've suggested this because i remember to have a few errors like that including Dae 0 error. This totally fixed it for me . So doesn't hurt to try .

Also go to

SETUP> PREFERENCES> PROCESSING TC/E options and see what you have selected there .
Old 03-15-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Ok with the ilok just download the lastest version . Open the package and inside youre gonna find a few folders one of them named Old Installers . Dont unistall anything just install the file inside named Interlock Driver Setup Win64 . Reboot an try again .
I've suggested this because i remember to have a few errors like that including Dae 0 error. This totally fixed it for me . So doesn't hurt to try .

Also go to

SETUP> PREFERENCES> PROCESSING TC/E options and see what you have selected there .
No luck with re-installing iLok Driver Setup Win64.

Your last question: it goes to Time Shift, with the only other option being Digidesign TC/E . . . neither one fixes this error message.

I'm getting pretty discouraged at this point, and am really hoping that we get to the solution fairly soon.

By the way, I use M-Audio Fast Track Pro for my interface, which has not given me any problems in the past, but might that have something to do with this?

Thank you again and again for your continuing efforts to help me find the solution.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:36 PM

Sorry to hear that rich !

Did you installed the lastest driver for your fast track pro ?
Old 03-16-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear that rich !

Did you installed the lastest driver for your fast track pro ?
Yes, I have.

I have decided that I'm just going to format this hard drive (nuke it back to the stone age) and start all over from scratch. I have backed up all my files, and am thinking that the last time I did this (I believe it was in 2012 or 2013) it was a hassle at first but then after I got used to it, things worked flawlessly for a long time.

I'll be able to devote this coming Saturday to doing this.

Wish me luck! And thank you for taking the time to offer up suggestions! I truly appreciate that, Jesus!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:37 PM

The only thing I can't figure out now is how to get my Structure Free instruments in the right place. Anybody know how to do that?

I have my Xpand! working, all my other stuff working, no noise when recording, and life is really good.

Thank you in advance for helping me find and properly place my Structure Free instruments.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:56 PM

Hi you are welcome rich !
What do you mean to get the structure in the right place ?
Do you mean the library or loading them ?
Im little lost in the question there .
Old 03-18-2017, 09:18 PM

When I go to insert instruments in a track, if I click Xpand! I can see all my instruments. If I click on Structure, I can only see a few instruments, and I know that I have hundreds stored on my hard drive. I just don't know where to put them so that they show up when I try to select an instrument through Structure. Does that make any better sense?

Is there a Structure installer? Is that also called AIR?

Thanks, Jesus!