Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-21-2008, 07:23 PM

Exclamation Re: Plug In Issues under PT8 - Full List with Solutions Here

It is early days but so far a common thread seems to be GUI on some third party plug-ins, in other words the audio is fine but parts of the interface do not seem to work as they did under 7, such as faders etc.

As I say this is early days, but if other users are finding this in some 3rd Party VIs and Plugins then please let us know.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Plug In Issues under PT8 - Full List with Solutions Here

Spectrosonics Omnisphere is crashing Pro Tools randomly especially when opening drum multi patches and playing a few notes from the controller.

Pod Farm plug in is very unstable and the GUI is not responding properly to the mouse as well as not redrawing correctly. When you first open it the plug works fine. When you close the plug in window and re open it is when the issues start to occur.

Had the BFD2 latest beta release build crash the PT system once. Reinstalled the official current version and it has been okay since.

Mac Pro 8 core
6G Ram
003 Rack Factory
MPT2
OSX 10.5.5
Command 8

Cheers
Old 12-21-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretschGuy View Post
Issue/Plugin: Addictive Drums v 1.1
ProTools LE 8.0

Crashes any session unless plugin is removed from the folder. My only fix was to remove plugin - and awaiting response from XLN. Prefs, permissions, and other files did not impact this crash.

Intel Mac
OSX 10.5.6
4GB RAM
Digi Rack 002
Ouch! That is an upgrade killer for me. Have you tried 1.1.1? I'm in the middle of a project that is using Addictive Drums. I will be staying with 7.4.2 for now. It seems there are several posts on the XLN forum about this. No response from XLN yet.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Sorry to be a pain, but please list system spec, interface etc.it helps Digi help us.
Not a pain at all~ I'm running 10.5.5, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5GHz w/ 10GB RAM, and Mbox 2 Pro.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilliam View Post
Ouch! That is an upgrade killer for me. Have you tried 1.1.1? I'm in the middle of a project that is using Addictive Drums. I will be staying with 7.4.2 for now. It seems there are several posts on the XLN forum about this. No response from XLN yet.
I do have 1.1.1 - I need to edit my post, thanks for catching that. Addictive simply not working at all for me. Once I moved AD plugin out of the folder, PT 8 working completely fine for me.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:30 PM

Only one set I haven't seen reported that I'm having an issue with - that's Trillium Labs TL Drum Rehab and TL Space.

I just upgraded all of my plugins for 7.4.2 recently, so I have the latest versions of all the plugins that came with the 003 Factory. The only others I was also prompted to authorize were the Moogerfoogers, but they've been discussed already.

Macbook Pro 2.5 Ghz, 4GB RAM, Leopard, PT8LE, 003 Factory Desktop Mixer
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 PM

In Pro Tools 8 Information posting http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=229829 it says Customers experiencing problems with MoogerFooger, Classic Compressors or Fairchild bundles - we have found a problem with authorizations for those in Pro Tools 8. You should make sure to download the lastest installers from our site, which should allow them to authorize properly.

Ok, so where's the "lastest" installers?!?!?!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:03 PM

I purchased the Digi 002 Factory Bundle and Music Production Toolkit (original) some time ago. I've upgraded Pro Tools and Plug-Ins multiple times since then. I just updated to Pro Tools 8.0. The only problems that I've discovered so far is that my iLok licenses for the Moogerfooger Analog Delay and Ring Modulator are not recognized. I tried the latest installer for the Factory Plug-ins, but wound up with even more unusable plugs that are in the newer (003) version of the Factory bundle.

If there is another installer for PT 8 for the 002 Factory bundle or Music Production Toolkit, I'd like to know where it is.

I've also got Superior Drummer 2.02 but hadn't started any new sessions to see if there was any trouble. The little bit that I've done (wandering around a few old sessions and some of the new demo sessions) went smoothly.

btw... i just realized that I need to update my signature. Mac OS X 10.5.6 and Pro Tools 8.0

Mac Mini i7 2012 4-core, 16GB RAM, 20TB storage, macOS 10.12.6
Apollo Quad, Avid Eleven Rack, Pro Tools HD 2018.1.0, UAD-2 Plug-ins, iZotope plug-ins, AIR PTIEP, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2, NI Komplete 8, Spectrasonics Trilian, Omnisphere, etc.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
OK from searching the DUC so far early reports are:

EZ Drummer: Some reports of it not running and others of it showing a weird VI. http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=234184
Latest update is that the mixer does not work, when clicking on the faders in the mixer section of EZD numbers appear and no fader action possible. Also unable to allocate separate outputs.MacBookPro 1st Gen 1.83,2gb, 10.5.5, Digi 002R, Firewire drive

Superior Drummer: Slow performance. http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=234184

Stereo Mixer and Surround Mixer: Solution here http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=233996
Toontrack are reporting the known bugs in PT8 with Superior, as under investigation, but no sign of news on Ezdrummer. Although it looks like it is isolated to Mac. http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3467

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coulter View Post
Ok, so where's the "lastest" installers?!?!?!
Plug-in List - just click the plug-in name and if it's a Digi plug it will have a download tab available.