Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2011, 05:14 PM

Default Is tech support worth it for me?

After exhausting all info on this forum and at the avid site, is $40 for tech support worth it? My problem is with a 003 console. I turn it on now and the lights on the screen come on the faders do their thing but it doesn't say "003 offline" anymore. I tried everything from manual location with device manager-nothing there, re-install drivers still nothing, new FireWire cable, cs updates, even reinstalling win vista and pt. Also I am unable to update firmware(aux7/8 and mute).twice some of the other lights came on like cut and paste and others just randomly but nothing with midi and still no text on screen. I think I've tried everything I can find online. So... will I get anything more from $40 tech support. Or is it screwed and has to be repaired. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Is tech support worth it for me?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=193636

www.studiofifty.net

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad, 10.6.6, 12GB Ram, PT9, Logic 9, Kontakt, East West, VSL, Waves, Sound Toys, IK Multimedia
RME FF UC, Focusrite Octopre mkii, UA LA 610 mkii, MC Transport, Yamaha HS80M, Lauten, AKG, Sure, Blue
Old 02-28-2011, 11:56 PM

I would find a store or someone in your area that has the same interface and ask if you could plug yours into a known working system.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-01-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I would find a store or someone in your area that has the same interface and ask if you could plug yours into a known working system.
+1. This is what I would do aswell. + it's free.

Any particular reason why you use Vista ?
Seems like alot more people are having problems with vista compared to Windows 7.

Have you tried the vista Optimizations and Troubleshooting ?.
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=211077
Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Thank you for the suggestion. To be more specific I am using a pt le 7.4 on win vista ultimate 32 bit. I have been using this system for about 2 years and now when pt is launched it is "unable to find hardware". Which started to happen when the console screen stopped saying "003 offline" and is now just blank. Can software and drivers have this kind of effect to were the internal firmware won't boot? If there is no "003 offline" prompt on screen after startup that is what has happened? Right?