Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 09-25-2014, 09:37 PM

Default midi problem

Hi guys, I have two midi instruments (Yamaha PF100 Piano and Roland TD9 electronic drums) I record the PF100 via my Profre2626 Midi In, and the Roland TD9 drums via a Midi to USB converter.
Until recently it was working perfectly...Now when I record them, each track records both instruments. I've tried deleting the two Midi Tracks and setting them up again to no avail. The problem seems to have arisen since I used my Axiom midi controller (USB) which has since been removed both physically and from PT9... The K/B is on Ch1 and the Drums on Ch10...and the Midi Tracks set up accordingly. Any advice and suggestions welcomed. Kind Regards

PT9
Macbook Pro 4 core 8GB RAM
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2TB Ext HD
M-Audio Profire 2626
Old 10-19-2014, 08:28 PM

Default Re: midi problem

As a suppliment to my question (it seems that my situation is unique). Would it be advisable to re-install PT9 and put the problem down to the inexactitude of software? Any thoughts? Cheers
Old 10-21-2014, 08:35 PM

Default Re: midi problem

Its more likely that your Midi Studio config is messed up. Here is what worked for me with a TD-10 kit, Motif es8 and a 3rd keyboard(used for organ). In Midi Studio, I created 3 instruments. Each had the midi input port selected(TD-10 kit on 003 midi input, Motif on MOTU Fastlane USB port B, 3rd keyboard on MOTU input A. TD-10 kit used midi channel 10 only. Motif used all 16 and 3rd keyboard used only channel 1. In a session, I put up 3 stereo instrument tracks. Inserted EZdrummer, MiniGrand and DB-33 on the 3 tracks(always using slot A). With MIX window set to show Instruments(under the VIEW menu) and set the incoming midi source to the desired controller(TD-10, Motif or keyboard). Enable RECORD on all 3(hold the Alt key and select any one RECORD button) and each instrument would be "played" by only its desired controller. Last 2 details to set; Midi Thru should be ON and, in preferences, set the default Midi Instrument to NONE.

Remember, in Midi Studio settings, the Brand and Model are NOT crucial(can be left blank or select anything).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave