Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2003, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Thanks you guys... bp/Jason...I sent you an email.

Kevin,
All is cool...sorry things got so hectic for you, and I certainly understand. I'm hoping we're all gonna have a great Christmas. I may be taking it a little far this year myself. I went for 'a few strings' of lights yesterday, and wound up buying 18 boxes of 100 lights... ...my house is gonna look like The North Pole...

Old 11-30-2003, 12:11 PM

Hey,

This song "Everyone's a Fool (for Somebody)" is GREAT...
Awesome production... Great vocals, great guitars... I like everything. This could/can be a HIT here in the Bay Area...

A++

Take care,

MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 - Pro Tools Ultimate + HD Native + HD OMNI
MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz i7 16GB Ram (Retina, 15-inch, 2016) - Pro Tools Ultimate + Apollo Twin
iMac 27" 3.4 GHz i7 32GB Ram (Late 2012) - Pro Tools Ultimate + Mbox Pro (3rd gen)
Old 11-30-2003, 01:14 PM

Stu
Thanks for listening. We really like this track too. I think it's become our new "favorite".
The vocal is actually the one take scratch track. We are re-recording it (as well as a few harmonies) in a couple of days. I'll post the final mix soon.
The acoustic guitar is an Ibanez (can't tell you a model) with a MXL V67M sitting about 8 inches away from the 12 fret, and pluged into a Mindprint Envoice, then straight into the 001 box. Can't get much more simple really. There'll be some reverb and delay, but can't tell you off hand what or how much. I've found that the player generally makes the sound. You can record 10 players using the same guitar and signal chain and it will sound different each time.

The drums are programmed in Reason, and the bass was played later through a Bass V-amp Pro. The bass track also has a Blue Tubes limiter and Panning Phaser on it. Sounds a bit woofy at the moment but I'll clean that up in the final mix.

Thanks again for listening.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here *DELETED*

Post deleted by gracejames
Old 11-30-2003, 02:09 PM

Congrats on "Fool" Roy and Zach...
This is a winner !

PS : Roy, is your mail down ? I tried to e-mail you and got it bounced back...
Old 11-30-2003, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the positive comments, you guys...
Paul, my email seems to be working normally, so I'm not sure what it could be. Let me know here if it persists though, and we'll figure it out.
-Roy
Old 11-30-2003, 06:40 PM

James,
Thanks for the compliment.Anger2a just blew me away.Your Vox work very well with that tune.I hope that,s a real drummer because I can't even imagine programming what I just listened to.Great tracks.The twin guitar work is done really well also.Do you use an Eq on your master fader to color the whole mix.The clarity of your tracks with all of the cymbals and metal guitars going at once is very impressive.My cymbals sound horrible when they are playing with any distorted guitar.They seem to distort even when they dont peak the meter. Really Professional Sounding.was all of this done on a digi? Later Stu
Old 11-30-2003, 06:45 PM

Badperson,
thanks for listening and I appreciate your compliment.The Piano and drum sounds are stock sounds from My Yamaha Motif8. Thanks Stu
Old 11-30-2003, 07:00 PM

Badperson,
I just listened to Little Dove,Someday, and People Inside.I think Little Dove and Someday have kind of a mountain music sound and feel to them.I could hear these being produced in the style of Nickel Creek or Allison Krause or something. Both Good songs.People Inside seems to have a greatful dead type of thing going there. Stu
Old 11-30-2003, 09:02 PM

Stut5,
Gotta say I dig the vocals ya did. Like the subtle delayed track in the background too. Did you reverse it also? I hear that a little I think... Honestly, the vocals remind me of a friends band here in Washington DC/Baltimore area, LAUGHING COLORS..

www.laughingcolors.com

Not to hype them up, but they have that type sound on the vocals too. Very cool effect. can you tell us how ya got that sound? what ya used, etc...

Thanks, and keep it up!
-Doc "wish I could sing"

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"