Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 06-07-2021, 03:27 PM

Default How do you stop each new instance of Falcon from losing the .ufs connections?

It appears that each time a new instance of Falcon is launched, the .ufs links have to be re-established (Falcon Factory and Plugsound). Both in the same session and especially every new session. Cannot even import fully set-up Falcon instances from previous sessions (via import session data). Pro Tools 2020.11/High Sierra and/or Mojave OS on a Mac. Please let me know if I am missing something. Thanks.
PT 10.3.11/ 12.5.2
003 Rack
OSX 10.8.5
ProToolsConsultant.com
Old 06-08-2021, 04:35 AM

Default Re: How do you stop each new instance of Falcon from losing the .ufs connections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_nyc View Post
It appears that each time a new instance of Falcon is launched, the .ufs links have to be re-established (Falcon Factory and Plugsound). Both in the same session and especially every new session. Cannot even import fully set-up Falcon instances from previous sessions (via import session data). Pro Tools 2020.11/High Sierra and/or Mojave OS on a Mac. Please let me know if I am missing something. Thanks.
How do you know the ufs links have to be re-established? I've never seen that when using Falcon inside PT. The only thing I see in when inserting Falcon is it taking a little bit of time to fully populate the patch/library browser on the right hand side as I have maybe a dozen libraries and expansions.
PT2021.3.1
OSX 10.13.6
Falcon 2.1.5

I have Falcon that I purchased direct from UVI as I want to be able to work in my other daw (DP) as well as standalone. When I'm doing that I see the ufs links being re-established.

QAPLA!
Old 06-08-2021, 03:36 PM

Default Re: How do you stop each new instance of Falcon from losing the .ufs connections?

Thanks for your reply. What I'm ascertaining from your reply is that my trouble may a result of using the Falcon version that comes with Pro Tools- and not purchasing the full version like you have.

In answer to your first sentence, when I click on the "Empty Preset" of the first MIDI track launched in Falcon, there is no preset menu. I will then have to go on the "right side" of Falcon and recall the pathways to access either .ufs bank- re-establishing that link to the presets.
PT 10.3.11/ 12.5.2
003 Rack
OSX 10.8.5
ProToolsConsultant.com
Old 06-09-2021, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_nyc View Post
Thanks for your reply. What I'm ascertaining from your reply is that my trouble may a result of using the Falcon version that comes with Pro Tools- and not purchasing the full version like you have.

In answer to your first sentence, when I click on the "Empty Preset" of the first MIDI track launched in Falcon, there is no preset menu. I will then have to go on the "right side" of Falcon and recall the pathways to access either .ufs bank- re-establishing that link to the presets.
I don't think having the paid version or the Avid one makes a difference.

It took me a while to parse out what you're doing as Falcon doesn't have MIDI tracks - it doesn't have tracks at all. Once I did that the way Falcon is operating makes sense as it doesn't know where you want to pick from. That's not a patch browser as one would think about it. You can't click on that field and have a tree view of patches - all you get is a forward/back patch selection of whatever library you're working in for that voice.

I've never seen anyone in any video pick patches like that. I always use the right side library list and go from there. Bad part about the way you're working is if you use the forward/back arrows they don't update the patch selection on the right hand side. I never use your method.

QAPLA!