Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-30-2003, 03:52 PM

Default Error -6002

I've posted this before. Of course it magically heals itslf on a regular basis.

Not today. Did thre sessions this weekend...no worries. Try to burn a CD today and I'll be damned if I don't get this message on a total of 10 boots!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

What is up dooode!?!?

Win XP
PTLE 5.3.1
Digi 001
AMD Athlon 1.4
G7 moboard
Old 06-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Avid

Default Re: Error -6002

Hello,

If you have another audio device use that for system sounds. Go to Sounds Control Panel > Audio and set the output device to something other than the 001

If the problem persists try removing the Wave Driver from your system and see if the -6002 persists.

Mike
Old 06-30-2003, 07:06 PM

Thanks Mike.

I just removed the Wave Driver. We'll see...

Yup, it worked!

Now what do I do if I want to run Acid?

Or burn a friggin' CD?

More importantly, why does it work one day and not the next?

That's the worst of it and I guess why so many folks are shy of Windows. The inconsistency. If it works a certain way each time I'm happy, but the back and forth make me crazy!!
Old 06-30-2003, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jace b:
Thanks Mike.

I just removed the Wave Driver. We'll see...

Yup, it worked!

Now what do I do if I want to run Acid?

Or burn a friggin' CD?

More importantly, why does it work one day and not the next?

That's the worst of it and I guess why so many folks are shy of Windows. The inconsistency. If it works a certain way each time I'm happy, but the back and forth make me crazy!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Have you tried having absolutley no system sounds? Or if you do, have them play through a second sound card.

The 001 does not always enjoy being forced to play system sounds. That often leads to a 6002.

Best regards,

Haigbabe
Old 06-30-2003, 08:09 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I set up no system sounds back in my Win 98se days and have always kept it there. Also, I have no other sound card.

My machine is stripped bare and when I upgraded the MoBoard and chipset to accompany XP everything was cool. Until I installed Wave Driver...Everything has been a crapshoot since. Seems like a load of bull that 98 could handle a Wave Driver and XP can't.

This is really a drag as i can't even listen to my damn bounces at this point.

Bummed in Nashville...

jacer
Old 06-30-2003, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jace b:
Thanks for the suggestion. I set up no system sounds back in my Win 98se days and have always kept it there. Also, I have no other sound card.

My machine is stripped bare and when I upgraded the MoBoard and chipset to accompany XP everything was cool. Until I installed Wave Driver...Everything has been a crapshoot since. Seems like a load of bull that 98 could handle a Wave Driver and XP can't.

This is really a drag as i can't even listen to my damn bounces at this point.

Bummed in Nashville...

jacer
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Greetings jacer,

I'm sorry to hear that things are going badly. It's so frustrating when that sort of thing happens.

Can you borrow a soundcard from someone else and install it and its drivers? Then try installing the dreaded Digi wavedriver again (but make sure that the other soundcard is the default audio card).

I know you're savvy about all these things, but there is plenty of irq space on your machine, right? No bottlenecks, NIC etc?

Best regards,

Haigbabe