Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2023, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Annoying iLok behaviour

And in addition to the above, if you have iLok ZDT make sure your computer has an internet connection so that your iLok can be synced to iLok.com ~monthly. If you want ZDT you need to allow this to happen.

I can't recall if not allowing that connection gives exactly this error or not, but it's one thing I'd check. I'd also be buying a spare iLok (iLok 3) in case you don't have one already, and if nothing else shows as likely I'd transfer all licenses to that iLok.

You get support from iLok by going to iLok.com looking at the support page, searching if there is an answer there, if not it lets you file a ticket with support. They really really want you to search their knowledge base for problems before contacting them.
Old 05-06-2023, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Annoying iLok behaviour

Chiming in to add my experience with similar errors. One time it was the hardware dongle on the verge of failing (ultimately needing replacement), another time I simply had to update iLok software and a 3rd time it required unplugging the iLok and plugging it back in.

Another thing that occasionally bites my butt is the need for some plugins to be Refreshed after a certain amount of time. Click an asset in the iLok app, view the Info pane, check the top right. I doubt that's what's happening here but it's worth mentioning.