Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 06-15-2022, 07:32 AM

Default Eucon MIDI ports inactive?

Hey folks, I'm trying to set up a new computer for my S1/Dock combo. I'm on macOS Monterey 12.4. I've installed Eucon/Eucontrol and it works in Pro Tools. I use the MackieControl support so I can control Ableton Live / UAD LUNA. I've added the application to the Eucon preferences panel, restarted the computer multiple times, but the "Euphonix MIDI" ports do not show up in Live or LUNA, and they are shown but inactive in Audio Midi Setup, similar to how it would look if you had a piece of hardware that was disconnected.

Has anyone else seen this? Any tips? I've already tried completely uninstalling and re-installing Eucon/Eucontrol, and as I said I've restarted multiple times after installing and adding the app to Eucon Prefs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 10.24.15 AM.jpg (20.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 10.29.17 AM.jpg (36.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-15-2022, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Eucon MIDI ports inactive?

Yes, I haven't had any success with the Eucon midi (MCU protocol) for many versions.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 06-16-2022, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Eucon MIDI ports inactive?

Really? That's too bad, I've gotten a lot of use out of my Eucon controllers in other apps. I have been using a 2018 Macbook Pro running Big Sur. Now I got a Mac Studio running Monterey and it's no longer working.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Eucon MIDI ports inactive

I made the same experience, Mackie Control with Eucon (using an s1 and dock) gets more and more buggy, unusable on Ventura at the moment. I actually opened another thread about it, didn’t see yours here.
I really hope that Avid will fix it soon, their support for Mackie Control was one of the reasons I went for Avid controllers. I am not expecting the same integration and resolution as with Eucon, but having motor faders and mute buttons working should be the least, as they advertise them as compatible with Ableton.