Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 AM

Default How do I make a Softkey play a mem loc.?

How do I program a softkey to jump to and then play from a certain memory location.

Now I know how to program the softkeys, but I can't seem to put together a key/EUCON combination that will do what I want it to.

Can anyone in here help me?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 PM

Default Re: How do I make a Softkey play a mem loc.?

Hey Peter. I don't know if you've found out how to do this already but I thought I would post a quick answer to your question.

Basically (since you already know how to program) the shortcut combination that you need to stick in to EuControl is:

1) EUCON Command -> Project -> Memory Location -> *Whichever memory location you want*
2) Key Command -> Spacebar (which is entered \s or from the Insert Special menu)

And there you go. When you hit that key your cursor will jump to that marker and play. The bummer bit is every marker you want to do that from you will need to add the \s command. Might want to use just a couple of markers as playback markers?

Hope this helps!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:43 AM

Default Re: How do I make a Softkey play a mem loc.?

Hi TAPSpace

Yeah, I already tried what you suggested, and it did not work for me.

Contacted Avid: They suggested this, (which does work):
Unfortunately you cannot combine EUCON and Key commands in the same line to be actioned simultaneously - you can only mix these so they are on separate lines....you are basically triggering the EUCON command first, say 'Locate to Mem loc 1', and then you are asking the system to playback, but Pro Tools may not be configured to play back from the insertion point, or playback cursor, so a cursor will locate to the mem location, but playback from the insertion point, which hasn't moved.

In order to avoid any complicated preference configurations, the easiest way to configure this would be, in the Softkey command editor, blank command:

Choose Add > Key > Insert Special > then, one after the other, choose:

Keypad . (period)
Keypad number (change the zero to the memory location number)
Keypad . (period)
Keypad number (leave the zero, as this will engage play as the keypad is set to Transport)

Alternatively, the last entry you can change to Spacebar, which will also engage playback as soon as the memory location is accessed.

So, your key summary should look like either:

\p. \p'mem loc' \p. \p0

or \p. \p'mem loc' \p. \s

Please advise if you continue to have issues.

Kind regards
Charlie
Avid Artist Series Suppor
t