Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 08-17-2021, 03:41 PM

Default MTRX Dante 128 Card Error

Hi all, anyone receive a CardErr on MTRX (v2.3.2.1 firmware) for a Dante 128 Channel Expansion Module? I removed the MTRX lid and see the red 'Error' light flashing on the module. Several other lights on the module are green. DADman (v5.4.5.1) shows a Status Error for the slot the module is in. Moved to an alternate slot and the same behavior persists. An Ethernet cable is plugged into port 1 of the module and an Ethernet switch. The module port 1 is green showing the Ethernet port is up on the Ethernet switch. Wasn't sure if I'm missing something..

Thanks,
Mark
Old 08-17-2021, 03:54 PM

Default Re: MTRX Dante 128 Card Error

I've opened the Audinate Dante Controller app and the MTRX Dante 128 Module is displayed as a detected Dante device on the network. Under 'Subscription Status' there is a yellow caution symbol and when hovering the mouse over the symbol it displays 'Subscription Unresolved'. All 128 Dante channels are listed. Under the 'Connected to' column it shows 01@DolbyRMU, 02@DolbyRMU, etc., all the way up to 128. I'll continue to poke around some more. I appreciate any suggestions!
Old 08-17-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
Just opened Audinate Dante Controller and the MTRX Dante 128 Module successfully shows up. For 'Subscription Status' it has a yellow caution symbol and when hovering the mouse over the symbol it displays 'Subscription Unresolved'. All 128 channels are displayed and under 'Connected to' is shows 01@DolbyRMU, 02@DolbyRMU, etc., all the way up to 128. Will poke around some more and appreciate any tips.
Can you post a screenshot of the Device List in DADman with the MTRX selected so we can see the card serial numbers, etc.?

Did your MTRX come with f/w 2.3.2.1 installed or have you upgraded it from a previous version? If you have upgraded from a previous version then try to re-install the firmware.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntp-jl View Post
Can you post a screenshot of the Device List in DADman with the MTRX selected so we can see the card serial numbers, etc.?

Did your MTRX come with f/w 2.3.2.1 installed or have you upgraded it from a previous version? If you have upgraded from a previous version then try to re-install the firmware.
Thanks for the reply. I upgraded to 2.3.2.1 today. I also have the 64 channel MADI fiber module, 64 channel Dante (BK2) module, and an additional Digilink module, and those three show up without errors. Please let me know if there's any logs or other data you'd like me to provide.

EDIT: I don't think DUC likes Dropbox shared links as pic attachments. Please try the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgkowi5yma...TRX_Dante1.jpg
Old 08-17-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
Thanks for the reply. I upgraded to 2.3.2.1 today. I also have the 64 channel MADI fiber module, 64 channel Dante (BK2) module, and an additional Digilink module, and those three show up without errors. Please let me know if there's any logs or other data you'd like me to provide.

EDIT: I don't think DUC likes Dropbox shared links as pic attachments. Please try the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgkowi5yma...TRX_Dante1.jpg
Thanks. The Device List didn't show anything unusual.

I suggest you download the firmware again, I suspect that will fix it. If you had f/w ver 2.1 (if I remember correctly) installed previously then you will need to download the firmware twice (it's a long story why you have to do that). So try that as a first step.
Old 08-17-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks. The Device List didn't show anything unusual.

I suggest you download the firmware again, I suspect that will fix it. If you had f/w ver 2.1 (if I remember correctly) installed previously then you will need to download the firmware twice (it's a long story why you have to do that). So try that as a first step.
Unfortunately no luck. I noticed in the DADman screenshot for the Device List I linked above there's no firmware version for the Dante 128 module (column is blank). After looking at the AX32 Dante Guide on digitalaudio.dk it looks like there is firmware v1.0.0.2 (highlighted in green - please see screenshot link below from the guide).

In my Avid account > MTRX downloads there is a file BrooklynII_Release_1_0_0_1_103835 firmware file I can download. Would this be for the 64 channel BK2 mini module, or the Dante 128 expansion module? Since there is no firmware version showing in Device List for the 128 module (although it shows in Dante Controller, see second screenshot) I'm wondering if I need to possibly reload the firmware. I'm not quite sure how to do this as the AX32 guide shows the old Dante Updater app and Audionate now include Dante Updater inside Dante Controller but the Dante 128 Module only shows up under 'Consult Manufacturer' and there's no way to force a firmware update even with Dante Updater > Advanced Settings set to 'Allow Imported Firmware'.

AX32 Manual screenshot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4c7kr4tsk...ante_guide.jpg

Dante Controller > Status screenshot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1x6iryair...8-Firmware.jpg

Dante Controller > Dante Firmware Updater
https://www.dropbox.com/s/isf16j8dt4...nufacturer.jpg

Last edited by MarkH; 08-17-2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 01:07 AM

Did you install a card for a DAD AX32 rather than the MTRX?
Old 08-18-2021, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
Did you install a card for a DAD AX32 rather than the MTRX?
Good suggestion, though it is indeed an Avid card . That's one of the reasons I asked for the screenshot of the Device List and that confirms it is an Avid card.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Good suggestion, though it is indeed an Avid card . That's one of the reasons I asked for the screenshot of the Device List and that confirms it is an Avid card.
You're on it, as always, Jan.

:)
Old 08-18-2021, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Is this something you've seen before? With the card physically showing up in Device List, and showing up in Dante Controller and present on the Ethernet network, I cannot isolate why Device List shows an error. I created an account on digitalaudiosound.com and loaded firmware v2.3.3.1 with no luck, and downgraded back to v2.3.2.1 with the same result. Given the specific nature of this issue is this something DAD support would assist with? I'm not sure Avid support will be able to dig this deep into troubleshooting.