Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Assigning knobs to Pro Tools parameters

The Midi learn function is only available if you set up Command 8, or M-audio keyboards, etc. HUI protocol does not show the Learn function. In the past you could use the CS10 protocol and configure a midi controller to work under that, it was a PIA but it worked. In PT 9 and above, the legacy controllers won't work.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
The Midi learn function is only available if you set up Command 8, or M-audio keyboards, etc. HUI protocol does not show the Learn function. In the past you could use the CS10 protocol and configure a midi controller to work under that, it was a PIA but it worked. In PT 10 and above, the legacy controllers won't work.
Sounds like a real success story ..again remind me why Pro Tools is the industry standard? A better question- Is Pro Tools the Industry standard?
Old 02-29-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diccer View Post
Is Pro Tools the Industry standard?
With my M-Audio Axiom Pro, yes.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diccer View Post
Sounds like a real success story ..again remind me why Pro Tools is the industry standard? A better question- Is Pro Tools the Industry standard?
Industry standard in the U.S for now. Although There are enough disgruntled customers and enough questionable decisions made by Avid corp. to set the stage for a eventual showdown for the top spot.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 PM

Arrow Re: Assigning knobs to Pro Tools parameters

Yah, think its happening now. Even with Avid's infiltration of schools and universities people are starting to catch on about their better options.
Still Digidesign people were the ones to miniturize recording studios on both size and prices in the 90's. Kudos to them for starting it all.
But now they're just capitalizing on their past success; As their children are now beating them at their own game. And the old grumpy guys in the coporate office refuse to change
Old 04-14-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
Sorry,

There is no way in Protools to manually assign MIDI CC commands to control plugin parameters. Unless you use a 3rd party "plugin wrapping" software such as Novation Automap or the 3rd party plugin itself supports its own manual controller assignments (such as Kontakt or Omnisphere) otherwise you are out of luck.
Wow !!! What year is this? Come on Pro Tools. This is a must for any electronic music production. No wonder no one I know uses PT except for mix down. Avid really needs to get with it.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:40 PM

Ain't going to happen so long as there are Control Surfaces sold by Avid.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM

I'm working with a Alesis QX49 in Pro Tools 10. I'm searching for the way to assign my transport buttons of the midi-keyboard to the transport buttons in Pro Tools through MIDI Learn. Did I get it right in this thread that there really is no solution to do that but to buy another keyboard or controller?