Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Closing a session?

When closing sessions lately, I get the warning 'PT is not finished performing some tasks. Close anyway?' The only time this doesn't come up is if I let it set for a while before I close the session (although, yesterday it sat for about an hour before I closed it and I got the warning). I don't lose anything if I close anyway. Anybody know what could be causing this?
Mbox
PT LE 6.9.2cs
Dual G4 1.42
Tiger
Old 08-21-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Closing a session?

Did you happen to just finish telling it to do something like add crossfades to 1000 edits across 10 drum tracks or something? because it PT6 it does all that stuff in the background, so if it's not done before you quit it will warn you.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:04 PM

When you open that session, does it a window appear saying your missing any audio files? If so and you hit "find them automatically" the box goes away and you can continue working but pro tools will still be looking for them right up to when you close and this is probably the task it is still doing.

If this is the case, when the window appears when you open the session, try "finding them manually" and see if you can find them yourself. If you say nothing is missing from the session, then they are probably files you don't need anymore but are still your region list.

If your region list has files written in italics, they are the files pro tools can't find. If you don't need them, delete them from the region list. Close and open the session again and if there's no window saying your missing audio files, if should be ok when you close.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:58 AM

That's exactly the problem. Thanks, Taddy