Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 07-06-2022, 10:55 AM

Default Import Sessions Data doesn't copy audio files

Mac Book Pro 2020 Big Sur 11.6.2 PT Studio 2022.6- importing session data from one session to another from different external HDs. The first time I forgot to select 'copy from source media' and had 'link' to files selected. I deleted the tracks and imported session data again and made sure to select the copy function. Imported the session data, saved the session and closed the session. Unmounted the external HD that I was importing from and relaunched the session with the imported data and PT cannot find the files! I did this another time just to ensure I wasn't missing something. Same deal- PT can't find the imported audio files. Work around is to import session data and then do a 'save copy in' and that included all the audio files. Anyone else have this issue?

www.sugarhillstudios713.com

Last edited by s.d. finley; 07-06-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Import Sessions Data doesn't copy audio files

There is an option in Preferences to "Always Copy Files on Import"(or something very similar). Have you checked that?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-07-2022, 08:11 AM

Is it possible that on the first import the Disk Allocation got set to the external drive instead of the desired location? First thing I'd check is Disk Allocation for the session. You can also Option-O to open a Session Browser and see where the session thinks the files should be - if they are in the wrong location you can always select all, then Copy or Move and Relink from that Session Browser window.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 07-11-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
There is an option in Preferences to "Always Copy Files on Import"(or something very similar). Have you checked that?
I was not aware of that preference but now have it checked. Which means I never had it checked before and all the other times I have imported session data and included the audio files/clips and did the correct selection in the Import Session Data dialog box it worked before.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
Is it possible that on the first import the Disk Allocation got set to the external drive instead of the desired location? First thing I'd check is Disk Allocation for the session. You can also Option-O to open a Session Browser and see where the session thinks the files should be - if they are in the wrong location you can always select all, then Copy or Move and Relink from that Session Browser window.
No, as the session I wanted the new files in I had launched form the HD that this session resided on. The session I was importing FROM was on yet a different HD. It has always worked before so I didn't see any reason to have to jump thru any addition hoops. 2022.6 is so dang buggy its silly.