Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-14-2022, 12:27 PM
alexathelm alexathelm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: London
Posts: 14
Default Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Please someone give me a hand!! Is there just zero customer support for avid customers? I'm absolutely incensed with this system - but I know it's no-one here's fault...

I've been going round in circles with support. I'm trying to get my Artist Mix working with my M1 Mac running Logic Pro in Native. I can't seem to find a way to download the latest eucon. Everything points towards the Avid Download Centre - but that then leads me elsewhere and I just go round in circles. I've tried calling support but I need something called an SID?

I've paid almost £1000 for this Artist Mix, please let me know how I can download the latest eucon software so I can actually use my equipment.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-14-2022, 01:10 PM
Ben Jenssen's Avatar
Ben Jenssen Ben Jenssen is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Oslo
Posts: 4,548
Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

It's in the Download Center:
EuControl

You want the "22.4 EUCON unified installer".

But… can Logic actually use Eucon protocol?
I thought you had to use something like Mackie Control?
__________________
Life-long audio enthusiast and small studio owner. Retired.
Mac Mini M1, 16gb RAM. MacOS 11.6.3 Big Sur. Pro Tools 2020.12.1.191.
Olasonic DAC, Dynaudio BM6p, Artist Mix, SSL UC1, Control on iPad.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-14-2022, 01:56 PM
BScout BScout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,055
Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
It's in the Download Center:
EuControl

You want the "22.4 EUCON unified installer".

But… can Logic actually use Eucon protocol?
I thought you had to use something like Mackie Control?
Logic fully supports Eucon/Eucontrol
__________________
Pro Tools Ult 2022.6, HDX 3, MTRX/SPQ, HD OmniS1 x 2, FireHD x 2, Dock, iPad Mac Pro 5,1 - 3.06 GHz 12 core - macOS 10.13.6RAM 64GB, SSD 4 x 2TB, GPU GTX 980 4GB
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-2022, 02:02 PM
BScout BScout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,055
Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexathelm View Post
I've paid almost £1000 for this Artist Mix, please let me know how I can download the latest eucon software so I can actually use my equipment.
Well, you didn't buy it recently or new, did you? (Since the Artist Mix has not been produced for a while now.) If you had bought it new (or talk to the person who was the original owner) you would have a card to register the device which gives you access to Eucontrol. And that puts it in your My Products section.
There are instructions included with a new Aritist Mix.
You should be mad at who you bought it from.

Ben is right though, the second way to get the software is through the Download Center which is on the main My.Avid.

The third way is to download the free Avid Control app for Android/FireHD/or iOS and register it through the app to your Avid account. Then when you go to my.avid and my products, you will get Eucontrol under Avid Control/Eucon subheader.
__________________
Pro Tools Ult 2022.6, HDX 3, MTRX/SPQ, HD OmniS1 x 2, FireHD x 2, Dock, iPad Mac Pro 5,1 - 3.06 GHz 12 core - macOS 10.13.6RAM 64GB, SSD 4 x 2TB, GPU GTX 980 4GB
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-2022, 02:39 PM
Ben Jenssen's Avatar
Ben Jenssen Ben Jenssen is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Oslo
Posts: 4,548
Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Logic fully supports Eucon/Eucontrol
Thanks for clearing up stuff, BScout.

I recently bought a used Artist Mix myself, and I use it w/PT, and I'm really happy with it. It came like new in the box and with a Product Registration card. So, I thought I might aswell try to register it with Avid, in case it hadn't been done before. I tried it and got an error about having entered a Artist Mix s.nr. and was redirected to the same registration page. A 'link-loop'. It's not the first time I see things like that on the Avid site.

Anyway, it's working fine with the latest Eucon and the setup in my signature. Registration means nothing.
__________________
Life-long audio enthusiast and small studio owner. Retired.
Mac Mini M1, 16gb RAM. MacOS 11.6.3 Big Sur. Pro Tools 2020.12.1.191.
Olasonic DAC, Dynaudio BM6p, Artist Mix, SSL UC1, Control on iPad.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2022, 03:42 PM
alexathelm alexathelm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: London
Posts: 14
Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
It's in the Download Center:
EuControl

You want the "22.4 EUCON unified installer".
Amazing. Thanks for your help. Will give this a go tomorrow.
When I tried to update eucon today, it seems to install but then I got a This software could not be installed, contact manufacturer message… have you had any experience with that message?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-2022, 03:47 PM
alexathelm alexathelm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: London
Posts: 14
Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Well, you didn't buy it recently or new, did you?.
Thanks for your advice. I’ll give all this a go tomorrow. I did in fact buy it new from a reputable dealer in the UK. But admittedly is was about 18 months ago. I don’t remember having to register to get the EUCon software then, nor when I bought my new laptop.

Either way - it seems incredibly overcomplicated when there’s zero customer support (and I’ve been an engineer for 15 years so am used to troubleshooting.)

I’ll let you know how it goes :)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2022, 03:50 PM
Ben Jenssen's Avatar
Ben Jenssen Ben Jenssen is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Oslo
Posts: 4,548
Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexathelm View Post
Amazing. Thanks for your help. Will give this a go tomorrow.
When I tried to update eucon today, it seems to install but then I got a This software could not be installed, contact manufacturer message… have you had any experience with that message?
No. I thought you were looking for the installer. Now you say you tried to update eucon today. I don't understand.
Please try to be as thorough and precise as you can when you explain your situation.
A screenshot of the error message would have helped for example.


Added: Another thing which is not very helpfull is making substantial alterations on your post like you did just now, so that I'm answering a post which now says something very different.
__________________
Life-long audio enthusiast and small studio owner. Retired.
Mac Mini M1, 16gb RAM. MacOS 11.6.3 Big Sur. Pro Tools 2020.12.1.191.
Olasonic DAC, Dynaudio BM6p, Artist Mix, SSL UC1, Control on iPad.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-14-2022, 07:58 PM
BScout BScout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,055
Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexathelm View Post
I don’t remember having to register to get the EUCon software then, nor when I bought my new laptop.
New Laptop/old laptop doesn't matter. Getting the software isn't dependent on what it is running on. It only matters (if you want it in your "my products" section) that you've added a Eucon device (including the Control app)

But what is confusing is you saying you've gotten the Eucontrol software before. If you've gotten it before, it doesn't disappear (the subheader in my products) to gain access to it.

As for your error message, might want to state your macOS version. However, it also sounds like you aren't trying to install the latest version.
From My Products, under Avid Control and EuControl, it should be listed as "EUCON Workstation Unified Install 2022.4 (Mac) (183.48 MB)"


if getting it from Avid Download Center > EuControl you want the Current Release at the top listed
"22.4 EUCON Unified Installer Apr 26, 2022"

Running the installer, you want only the top box checked.

After Eucontrol starts, there's a chance that you might need to do a firmware update of the Mix. It will tell you on the Surfaces tab.
__________________
Pro Tools Ult 2022.6, HDX 3, MTRX/SPQ, HD OmniS1 x 2, FireHD x 2, Dock, iPad Mac Pro 5,1 - 3.06 GHz 12 core - macOS 10.13.6RAM 64GB, SSD 4 x 2TB, GPU GTX 980 4GB
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-15-2022, 12:43 AM
alexathelm alexathelm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: London
Posts: 14
Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Hi both

I haven’t changed my post. I’m not sure what you’re referring to. I’m not trying to annoy anyone. I really just want some help so I can go back to doing my job and from this experience so far, Avid don’t make that particularly easy.

Again I really appreciate your help.

I’m in the uk - just heading into the studio now so won’t be able to send a screenshot until I get in.

Ok let me try and be as clear as I can. I have been using my avid artist mix on my M1 MacBook Pro running big sur with Logic Pro X 10.7.4 in Rosetta mode for about 18 months. Now that most of the plug-ins i need to use are Silicon Native ready id like to make the most of the M1 chip and run native.. When I allow Logic to run native ie NOT in Rosetta, the Artist Mix doesn’t work. I imagine that’s probably due to eucon needing to also be silicon native, I imagine this requires an update of some sort and I’m finding it extremely difficult to find and install this update.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get support for dead artist mix ShiftStudios Artist Series 2 01-19-2016 12:30 AM
El Capitan Support for Artist Series harrismix Artist Series 52 11-20-2015 06:56 PM
Artist Control has no support for Logic X, or OSX Mavericks romanoffski Artist Series 20 07-11-2014 12:26 PM
Artist Support????? Does it exist? PT user Artist Series 8 08-12-2013 10:18 AM
Touching Artist Transport Freezes Up Artist Control in Logic sonofmack Artist Series 1 03-13-2013 08:22 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com