Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 08-30-2015, 03:38 PM

Default input 11-12 on apogee ensemble thunderbolt not displaying in protools 11

I'm using an Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt into my pro-tools setup, it's been fantastic, for the first time today I found myself needing to use the guitar input directly on the front of the audio interface.

The documentation says these are listed as input/output 11 and 12.

On the protools drop down for the input section, on the interface tab on the channel I only see inputs 1-8

How an I make these additional inputs (and outputs - but I don't need out at the moment) appear in the protools interface ?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:50 PM

Default Re: input 11-12 on apogee ensemble thunderbolt not displaying in protools 11

First make sure the playback engine is actually the Ensemble (no aggregate devices etc.).

In Setup>IO Input, Output and Bus pages click the Default button.

If other wrong looking IO names are showing up (e.g. from other interfaces you use) then you my need to click on those IO channels (left hand column) to select them then click delete then click the Default button.

Does the guitar IO show up now in the track input selector?

If not post a screen shot here of what is in that Setup>IO Input and Output pages, and either way try Input 11/12 regardless of what they are called (the names really don't matter to Pro tools working, you can add them manually if say the IO defaults file for that interface is corrupted).
Old 09-13-2015, 01:25 PM

Default Re: input 11-12 on apogee ensemble thunderbolt not displaying in protools 11

playback engine was fine - so that's one thing ticked off
default on the bus page made no difference, looks like it was in default status already.

The actual names/words look "fine" nothing out of the ordinary, just the missing 2 front guitar inputs

I'll grab a screen shot or two shortly to give a better picture of the status.

thank you for the input.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Darcy View Post
playback engine was fine - so that's one thing ticked off
default on the bus page made no difference, looks like it was in default status already.
Bus page won't matter for this immediate thing. It's the Input page that really matters, I just wanted you to default them all (and see if anything else was broken).

Screen shots may help. But if the Ensemble is set as the playback Engine then you are looking for whatever input paths are set to use IO input 11 and 12 and just try that as the input to track. If your IO definition file is corrupted it may be misssnaming those or not showing up at all. If there are no IO paths there with input on 11 or 12 then you can create a new input path and assign it to one of those inputs (i.e. check the checkbox 11 or 12 across for that mono path). The IO path names mean nothing, they are just conveniences to you, all that matters to Pro Tools is what IO number on an interface the path is using.