Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 05-28-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Quantize is cutting notes short

Hi, I am having problems doing a simple 'tidy up' quantize of a couple of bars of some midi notes (playing a bassline on a dance track). The problem is that if I either apply input quantize or record the mid performace without it and then apply a grid/groove quantize afterwards it cuts my notes very short. If I apply a 'restore performance' then everything is restored including the note duration and of course there is no quantization so it's messy.

I have tried all the settings (ticking/unticking attacks, releases and preserve note duration) in every configuration and the results are the same - note duration cut to being very short with any quantization applied.

This seems like a very simple thing I want to do bit it just will not oblige!

Any help appreciated. Many Thanks - Simon
Old 08-25-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Quantize is cutting notes short

The same thing is happening to me, in PT LE 7.1.1 going through digi002 when I quantize. Happens when I use XPand! and other soft synths, but doesn't happen in my piano soft synth, Ivory. I have tried all of settings, checking and unchecking "quantize release" and "preserve note duration."

When trying to quantize strings today, the notes were made shorter, and the tone was affected and made much softer.

Please help!!!!

Thank you.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:18 AM

Same thing happening to me. I thought it had to do with the sustain pedal on my piano track, but that doesn't seem to be it. What can it be?

Robert
Old 12-25-2007, 07:58 AM

I was having the same problem - please see my post "How I solved my midi double note problem" in the MIDI forum - might be the same or similar issue.