Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2022, 01:48 PM

Default Noob Setup Help Apollo 8 & Pro Tools 2021

I'm attempting to setup my interfaces to work with PT.

This is my ideal setup:

I'd like to have the flexibility to create a beat in Superior Drummer 3 and track it, then record vocal or guitar over it with the UA Apollo 8, and possibly add samples from a vst.

Right now I'm stuck on getting PT (version 2021.10.0) to record audio. I can see the meter move with the track armed for recording, but when I spacebar to record no audio is recorded. I have the "in" set to channel 1 of the apollo 8 and the "out" set to MON L/R. I checked to ensure the playback engine is the apollo, and the I/O matrix looks correct.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, please suggest the right one if so. I've been searching the internet and watching youtube videos for 2 days with no luck.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2022, 10:03 AM
Universal Audio

Default Re: Noob Setup Help Apollo 8 & Pro Tools 2021

It sounds like you need to "approve" the microphone in the security settings of MacOS.

Also, feel free to get a ticket open with Support for any other questions you might have.
https://u.audio/support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflea7 View Post
I'm attempting to setup my interfaces to work with PT.

This is my ideal setup:

I'd like to have the flexibility to create a beat in Superior Drummer 3 and track it, then record vocal or guitar over it with the UA Apollo 8, and possibly add samples from a vst.

Right now I'm stuck on getting PT (version 2021.10.0) to record audio. I can see the meter move with the track armed for recording, but when I spacebar to record no audio is recorded. I have the "in" set to channel 1 of the apollo 8 and the "out" set to MON L/R. I checked to ensure the playback engine is the apollo, and the I/O matrix looks correct.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, please suggest the right one if so. I've been searching the internet and watching youtube videos for 2 days with no luck.

Thanks!