Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-09-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Grid/Groove quantize: assertion failure

Hi there,

I'm trying to use Grid/Groove quantize, but the dialogue doesn't let me do anything. First I extract a groove template to the clipboard. Then I close down beat detective, make a new selection and open the Grid/Groove quantize dialogue, but:
  • The "Apply" button is greyed out
  • The entire "what to quantize" group is greyed out
  • The big button in the "quantize grid" section shows "Groove Clipboard".
  • If I click on the "Groove Clipboard" button, I get "Assertion in \code\aztec_Lomax\AlturaPorts\NewFileLibs\Sys[..rest is cut off] line 85". I've seen one other post (see here) which looks like the same problem, that leads me to believe that the assertion happens in Sys_FileLoc.cpp line 85
  • If I click on "Show Comments" the the only text I see is "Comments:"; the comments I typed when I extracted the template don't appear.
In short, Grid/Groove quantize is out to lunch.

This happens with ALL tracks in the session. If I create new tracks and regions or extract a new groove template, I still get the same error. I can delete all the tracks in the session and start again, same error.

However, Midi real time properties works; I can extract groove templates and save them to files and apply them from here.

Other sessions work fine, it only seems to be this session that has the problem. If I export all the midi from the problem session and import it to a new one, everything is fine.

I'm using PTLE7.1cs9. I had the same problem under cs7.

The bogus session is available here if anybody else wants to check it out.

???