Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2010, 10:42 PM

Default Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

I absolutely hate the idea of paying for customer support, but I'm seriously considering buying a support ticket, as this forum as well as various computer help forums have failed to fix the problem I'm having with Pro Tools.

My question is, if I pay them to help me, am I guaranteed a solution that works? How far are they obligated to help me once I buy a support ticket? Also, will my ticket carry across multiple phone calls and emails? This is a problem that has many times appeared to have gone away for several days, so if the fixes they offer end up not working after a couple days, will my support ticket still entitle me to their help? Is there any sort of money back policy if they aren't able to solve my problem?

I just want to know these things because I have no problems paying $42 to resolve this issue once and for all, but I don't want to keep throwing money at the problem only to find that none of the solutions are working. I just want to deal with someone who is obligated to fix my problem, and for whom my problem will be a priority. I'm sick of waiting several days between emails with avids free support in which they offer up useless solutions that I found on their website long ago.

I may have rambled a good bit there, but my pertinent questions reside in the second paragraph.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

just bumping in hopes of hearing from someone who has dealt with avids customer support.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

I have. It cost me $40, and I sat on hold for about 10 minutes before I got a person. The person I talked to was able to deal with my issue. (Though it was an authorization issue, and not technical in nature). I was happy with the way it was handled, and didn't feel too bilked at spending the $40 (LE support).

The code will remain active across phone calls regarding the same issue.

I've been told if the problem is a bug, they'll credit you the $40. However, if you're using unsupported hardware (wrong FW chipset, etc), I don't know how forgiving they'll be.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:28 PM

What is your problem related to, out of curiosity?
Old 11-09-2010, 02:36 PM

This is the thread I made regarding my issue.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=264217

I guess I might give it a shot. Nothing else has worked.