Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 05-07-2012, 10:18 AM

Default Mastering tips

I figured this may be a good place to discuss mastering. I have been using SE for almost a year now, I have learned the whole program on my own with help from this forum. However im not quiet up to where I would like to be as far as the sound for the end results go.

So just out of curiosity after you guys finish your tracks and mix them. When it comes to mastering how do you get the sound your trying to acheive, I usually use the typical hip hop/ rock/ pop settings and tweak them alittle, bit when I convert them and open my songs in windows media player or whatever they do not hit as say one of my CD's, I realize its a total different budget, but their must be a way to get the songs to sound more "full".

maybe we can discuss some mixing/mastering techniques?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Mastering tips

To acheive the best sound in mastering, it really stems from how well you have mixed in the first place. A bad mix can be improved but never completely fixed at the mastering stage, whereas a very well mixed track, can sound phenomenal once it has been mastered by someone who knows what they are doing. Some good tips here in how to mix for mastering: mixing for mastering
Old 05-17-2012, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Mastering tips

There is also a good web forum for recording. You can even upload your songs and let others listen and give advice on your mixes.

http://www.home-recording-studio-forum.com/

I was hoping this forum would have been more like that. Just one problem after another here!