Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2001, 12:12 AM

Default Digi, When Protools creates MIDI regions after recording MIDI info....

Is there any formula to this? Sometimes when i punch in, the punch in spot is the beginning of a new region. Other times it just "blends" it in with whats there already, as if its trying to be smart...
Its real annoying cuz if i punch in a few spot in a midi track, I like to be able to see exactly where i punched in/out, during that pass. I keep a big mixture of quantized and unquantized notes, and without knowing the exact places i punched, I never remember what is new info..
Anyway, is there any thing that PT follows with regions and midi recording? why sometimes does it add info to exisiting regions (whether or not merge is on or off) and other times it creates new regions??

And yes , make that darn Midi info edit window FLOATING!!!... Its the biggest pain in the ass when it disappears when you click to a new area in the edit window you want edit with those functions...

MT

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: Mt.Everest ]
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•