Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 07:54 PM

Default I want to hear metronome in headphones only...

I am using ProTools 7.1c9, with DigiRack 002, on a PPC Mac G5.

The metronome click only comes through my monitor speakers and not my headphones. I have the headphones levels with a high gain.

I would like to hear the metronome click in my headphones only. How can this be done.

I get all monitoring through my headphones except for the metronome click which I only hear through my monitor speakers.

Thanks ahead of time,
Dan
Old 10-06-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Re: I want to hear metronome in headphones only...

LE Forum for 002
-----
Turn off the monitor level.
Be more specific on your track routing for the click plug-in but
you should hear it in your mix. If not, Turn it up.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:57 PM

Thank you very much for your response.

I have taken the monitor level off (to the speakers).

I can ride the gain full on the headphones level and I hear nothing.

I have a Roland D-10 hooked via MIDI to the DigiRack 002 MIDI IN, MIDI OUT 1. I have MONITOR OUTPUT L & R hooked to powered speakers.

I have OUTPUT L & R from the D-10 going to the speakers also (there are 2 inputs to the speaker backs.)

In ProTools I have Click/Countoff Options set to either: none, D-10 [any channel], predefined: Digi 002 Port 2 [any channel], Digi 002 Port 3 [any channel] (Control) and I hear nothing in the headphones as per above.

Is there something I need to know about a Click PlugIn?

Aside from all of this when I record and play back a session I hear everything just fine in my headphones.

Thank you so very much for your help,
Dan
Old 10-07-2006, 08:27 AM

(Via Click plug-in)
The Digi Click is a mono instrument. Insert on a mono aux track and turn on the metronome icon in the midi side of the transport. If your aux track in outputting interface 1/2 and you solo the track you should hear it.
(No other module required)
Click generates it's own sounds and not midi notes.

(Via MIDI)
If you wish you drum module to be the click (Clave, Hat or Cowbell) then you need to set up an audio return (Aux) and have the module coming in that input. Set up a midi channel and enter a measure of quarter notes (for the sound you want).
Go the the velocity lane of the midi track and set beat-one to a high velocity and the other notes lower so you can have a defined down beat. Make the midi track a 1 mm region and repeat paste for as many measures you like.

(Via MIDI from the metronome)
If you double click the metronome to assign a direct link to your midi module then choose the correct midi channel (Usually ch. 10 for percussion / drums)
from the module of choice. Make sure the note numbers are the same and that there is the sound you like at that note number.
Check the During play and record then you can use the transport icon to tune on and off the metronome.

I personally use the Click plug-in more than a sound module. (Convenience)
Old 10-07-2006, 10:10 AM

Problem solved!!!!

TCDet,

Thank you so very very much! I deeply appreciate your help.

Dan