How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2011, 04:00 AM

Default Eleven Rack MIDI OUT bug confirmed

Hi guys,

I guess not many people use the 11R as a MIDI interface or this would have been picked up sooner, but I can confirm that there is indeed a bug in the MIDI implementation for the Eleven Rack.

I connected my ElevenRack and my PadKONTROL to my system, then ran a MIDI cable from the Eleven Rack OUT to the PadKONTROL IN. I used MIDI-OX to generate and monitor MIDI data.

Setting the ElevenRack to MIDI Channel 1, when sending data out from the ElevenRack to the PadKONTROL, MIDI-OX registers it as being received provided it is transmitted on MIDI Channel 1. Sending data on a different channel results it in not being received by the PadKONTROL. In short, MIDI channel transmitted through the ElevenRack (e.g. from MIDI-OX, Pro Tools) is only transmitted if the ElevenRack is set to recieve data on that channel. The ElevenRack MIDI settings thus filter output from all programs.

The THRU function on the ElevenRack works as it should (no filtering).

Hope this gets fixed in an update soon. Although I will never get those 3 days of my life back which I lost trying to figure out why I was too stupid to make the MIDI work
Old 11-22-2011, 08:06 AM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco
Default Re: Eleven Rack MIDI OUT bug confirmed

Hey so I tried one more test. Pretty much the same one, but thinking that it could be a bug with the 11R being the main interface/playback engine, I set the 11R as the main which effectively turned the FF800 into an external MIDI device.

"Weirdness" has occurred. Not exactly the same problem you were having, but I got a complete crash of the 11R UI (hardware, not window).

Further testing is required.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack
Old 11-22-2011, 08:22 AM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco

Bug confirmed.

Though somewhat different than what you earlier described. Kontakt seemed to receive both the 11R's PC messages, and the 11R UI itself experienced hangs. Such as the UI not reflecting changes in preset, and user options menu seemingly not opening until using the scroll wheel, resulting in a "mixed up" and "jumbled" UI. Knob operation then becomes "sticky" and certain knobs do not light up as they are supposed to. Powering down the 11R, and back up again fixes the problem until the test was tried again. Tested three times, same result.

Again, this is with the 11R as the Playback Engine. It works perfectly fine when another interface is used.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack
Old 01-08-2012, 05:07 PM

Hi there I also am having this problem but worse.
I also use ELeven Rack as my midi interface and connected it via one midi cable to my Line6 M13. I used midi ox to send a sysex file to the M13 to update its firmware
But it is not being transmitted to the unit. I tried channel 1 and 2.
Any ideas what I should do?
Also should the thru indicator in the midi window on the Eleven Rack be highlighted wihile I do this or not?
Thanks