Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Will these do?

Quote:
Quote:
What are you guys useing for a noiseless 939 pin cpu cooler these days? I have a 120mm Zalman that sounds like a helecopter. It's supposed to be quiet but it's the only thing in my case making noise. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
This is the current recommendation. If you already have this one and it is making sound then there is a problem with it.

Allen
I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's just louder than anything else in my box. The helecopter statement was a little exaggerated. I'm just looking for something quieter. What kind of "fanless" coolers are people using?
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com
Old 03-20-2006, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Will these do?

Here is a one solution to this problem.

ZALMAN RESERATOR 1 Fanless Water Cooling System

Not saying that the Zalman's the best.
But it does work.
And is completely PASSIVE !
I use a homemade WC system and you can spend the same if not more building water cooling from scratch.

Matt

Old 03-20-2006, 08:50 PM

Default Seeking advice re: ASUS K8V SE Deluxe replacement

My ASUS K8V SE Deluxe mobo has died.... and there aren't any held in stock by ASUS! I'm just asking for opinions on suitable ASUS replacements for my Allenstein.... please see this thread!

Thanks all!
Old 03-21-2006, 05:35 AM

Default mobo question

I know this is the allenstien thread but there seems to be alot of knowledgeable people lurking. Is there any love for the A8NE as recommended by digi? Reason is I am in the process of building an allenstien but can have one given to me by a friend that is upgrading is whole box. Thanks
Old 03-21-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Hey Allen ....

Hey Allen ........
Andrew at extension 206 no longer works for United Micro.
Do You know where he is?
Or who else is recommended to build a solid Pro Tools Bang for your buck PC? Thanks! Norm

.............Copied this from the forum ..........

United Micro - Professional Online Computer Builders
For those looking for a complete built system with a three year warranty and burn in time you can configure one here and have them build it. Call their 1-800-943-7255 number listed on the website and ask for Andrew at extension 206. Tell him I sent you and copy and email him my most current recommend list. They have a large selection of cases and have a great selection of rack mount cases as well. Get their Enermax FMA 350W PSU.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Hey Allen ....

Quote:
Hey Allen ........
Andrew at extension 206 no longer works for United Micro.
Do You know where he is?
Or who else is recommended to build a solid Pro Tools Bang for your buck PC? Thanks! Norm

.............Copied this from the forum ..........

United Micro - Professional Online Computer Builders
For those looking for a complete built system with a three year warranty and burn in time you can configure one here and have them build it. Call their 1-800-943-7255 number listed on the website and ask for Andrew at extension 206. Tell him I sent you and copy and email him my most current recommend list. They have a large selection of cases and have a great selection of rack mount cases as well. Get their Enermax FMA 350W PSU.
Wow, is that still posted? I need to change that then. You should still be able to get these guys to build you a spec Allenstein system.

Allen
Old 03-21-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Seeking advice re: ASUS K8V SE Deluxe replacement

You should be able to find the K8V SE Deluxe yet. Did you try www.pricewatch.com ?

Allen
Old 03-21-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: mobo question

Quote:
I know this is the allenstien thread but there seems to be alot of knowledgeable people lurking. Is there any love for the A8NE as recommended by digi? Reason is I am in the process of building an allenstien but can have one given to me by a friend that is upgrading is whole box. Thanks
A8N-E works great.

Allen
Old 03-22-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Re: mobo question

Quote:
Quote:
A8N-E works great.

Allen
Thanks so much...any recommendation for a vid card or will the one from the regular allenstien work (I plan on added a second monitor down the road, but for now will be using one, so a card that is dual capable would be cool)
Old 03-22-2006, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Hey Allen ....

Allen ... is United Micro the best place to have the Allenstein system built?
I want to build a solid M-Box2 system that will run the BFD drum software with no problems...
Also ... could you please direct me to your latest Allenstein System Specs ...
Thank you! Norm