Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2010, 07:32 AM

Exclamation License Surrender Confusion

I just picked up the BF Upgrade for $30. Here's my trouble, when I downloaded it, the site asked me for my iLok account username. I had an old iLok key (that has been lost) and I think it loaded my licenses to that iLok. Now I can't download it to my new iLok without a "license surrender".

First: How would I go about obtaining a license surrender?
Second: Am I just doing something wrong and need to go a different direction.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:25 AM

Default Re: License Surrender Confusion

Firstly, entering your iLok account name won't put the assets on the iLok, it'll deposit them in your iLok account.

Not knowing exactly which upgrade you bought, here's a couple examples of how a license surrender works.

If you bought a Producer Factory Pro upgrade, you need to have a Voce Bundle asset on your iLok. That one will surrender to the new Voce Bundle asset that came with the upgrade, thus allowing the other assets from the upgrade to be loaded on your iLok. If you DON'T have one on your iLok, you won't be able to load the plugs on your iLok.
In other words, if the Voce Bundle asset was on an iLok that got lost, there's no way to load the licenses on your iLok (unless it has a Voce Bundle license on it).

If you buy a MPTK to MPTK 2 upgrade, you need to have an MPTK asset on your iLok, which will surrender to the new MPTK asset, allowing Eleven LE and Structure LE to be loaded to your iLok.

Other upgrades have other licenses designated for surrender.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Right, because this is an upgrade, Avid wants to see that the old licenses are no longer being used.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 08-17-2010, 01:35 AM

Hey there .....I need help with the same problem . I have the prottols m-powered 8.01 what includes the MPTK 1 . Yesterday I bought the upgrade to MPTK 2 and I can't get the ilok working . I have the licenses on my ilok account and it says surrender license and I can't download it to my ilok that I got with Protools . Please help me with that , because am goin crazy with that .
Old 08-17-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpeeton View Post
Hey there .....I need help with the same problem . I have the prottols m-powered 8.01 what includes the MPTK 1 . Yesterday I bought the upgrade to MPTK 2 and I can't get the ilok working . I have the licenses on my ilok account and it says surrender license and I can't download it to my ilok that I got with Protools . Please help me with that , because am goin crazy with that .
The existing MPTK license has to be on your iLok in order for the MPTK 2 upgrade licenses to be allowed to go on your iLok.

To the OP: If you bought a Producer Factory Pro upgrade, you need to have some of the licenses from the original PFP (I think just the Voce Bundle license) on your iLok for surrender. If you don't have them, you're screwed.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:47 AM

I have just the Protools license on it . So that means I can't use this upgrade :S
Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 AM

Yes, that's the truth of it.