Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-13-2003, 10:34 PM

Default S o u n d r e i n f o r c e m e n t

Hey Guys!
First of all !Happy valentine's day!

Does any body know where I can get info. on Sound reinformance set-up, ActuALLY IT'S FOR OUR Band's Showcase and we don't know where to go & get all the Infi.

Sound, lighhting...

Thanks in advance
Old 02-13-2003, 11:43 PM

Default Re: S o u n d r e i n f o r c e m e n t

If you need pro audio consulting we might be able to assist.

I don't know what your budget is but the DBX DriveRack systems are phenomenal. We have them, Sweetwater's got them, etc. Check them out on DBX's website as well. They are sort of an all in one solution. Very cost effective in the long run.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:41 AM

It sounds like you'd probably do well to get a Sound Reinforcement rental company to help you out with this one. If you've never done S.R, it can be a really daunting task to have it done well...

I have good luck with Apogee and EAW speakers, Midas boards are amazing, but Yamaha is a standard that you may find more of. For a small board, the Midas Venice kicks *****.

I prefer analog EQs, generally... Klark Technic (sp?) are probably the best here. For digital EQ/Delay/Limiting, I use the Ashley Protea.

--Ben
Old 02-16-2003, 11:55 AM

Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook. Loads of stuff, and quite technical, but you should have no problems extracting the info you need.
I do live for a living, and the most important piece(s) of the system are the amps. As much power as you can afford. My company uses all Crown Macrotech's. There bullet broof. If you get 2 MA-5000's (one for hi's and one for lows) and something like a Rane MoJo X-over for a simple 2-way system you will never need anything else, and you'll have kick drum for days (just gate it!) We have systems with $3000.00 Klark Technique digital processors, and our D system with the little MoJo, rocks just as hard as the C, B, and A systems.
Live, the name of the game is headroom...and you get that from having the most powerfull amps you can get your hands on. you can pick up a used 5000 for about two grand. Plus you can buy a 10 year warrantee from Crown for 100 bucks that covers just about anything/everything.

good luck

http://www.soundtracksnj.com/livesound.html
Old 02-17-2003, 09:58 PM

I also do freelance live for a living. If at all possible I would recomend finding the best local sound guy you can afford and just enjoy promoting and playing the gig. But if you must do it yourself, get your hands on the most clean power you can afford for the show. The dbx Drive racks sound great. Even tough I haven't used one yet one of my piers has recently upgraded from analog Ashly EQ's and Crossover to the driverack stuff and it is a noticeable improvement on an already good sounding system.