How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2014, 10:16 AM

Default Upgrading to PT11 while keeping PT10 and Komplete 9

Hello.

I'm planning to finally purchase an upgrade to PT11 during this week. Currently I have PT10 installed and I'm planning to keep it for compatibility reasons. I also have my Komplete 9 installed. My question is how to approach this upgrade from the Komplete 9 standpoint; can I simply use Native Instruments Upgrade Centar after installing PT11 to update Komplete 9 plugins to 64-bit AAX or will I have to reinstall Komplete? Also, can one have Komplete 9 working both in the PT10 and PT11 versions if both are installed on the same system?

I appologize for possible double posting, but I was unable to find clear answer to this in similar threads.

Thank you.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Upgrading to PT11 while keeping PT10 and Komplete 9

Should work on same system just fine. PT10 would be using the RTAS version of Kontakt and PT11 would be using AAX64, both having the same auth regarding NI. Just like you can use AU with the very same auth.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terhardp View Post
Hello.

I'm planning to finally purchase an upgrade to PT11 during this week. Currently I have PT10 installed and I'm planning to keep it for compatibility reasons. I also have my Komplete 9 installed. My question is how to approach this upgrade from the Komplete 9 standpoint; can I simply use Native Instruments Upgrade Centar after installing PT11 to update Komplete 9 plugins to 64-bit AAX or will I have to reinstall Komplete? Also, can one have Komplete 9 working both in the PT10 and PT11 versions if both are installed on the same system?

I appologize for possible double posting, but I was unable to find clear answer to this in similar threads.

Thank you.
Works fine on the system in my sig file. Just be sure when you do the Service Center bit and get any downloads you need to install to make sure you check the box for aax version in the installer. It's easy to miss. Depending on when you last ran Service Center you may not get new updates to download and to get the aax64 compatibility you may have to go to your NI account and download the latest updates manually.

QAPLA!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:20 AM

Yeah to confirm what musicman says, if you've already downloaded the latest update, it will/may not have installed the AAX64 compatible version, because you didn't have Pro Tools 11 installed. Service Center will not highlight that you need to reinstall for AAX64.

Best bet is to manually download the latest update to each instrument from the NI website (login to your account to access them) and then install them. They are all now AAX64 compatible. Bear in mind that some older products (if you have upgraded to Komplete 9 from earlier versions) do not have AAX64 versions, e.g. B4, Pro53, Akoustik Piano, Elektrik Piano. Of course Akoustik and Elektrik Piano's sample libraries are now directly accessible inside Kontakt 5, which is AAX64.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 07-09-2014, 08:07 AM

Many thanks for your answers. Unfortunately, I'm postponing my upgrade to PT11 for now, but thanks anyway.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:49 AM

No reinstall required of NI & libraries)
NI's Service Center will show if you require updates (Just download and run)
(They will show a checkbox to included AAX (Gray and selected) if already installed))

PT's 10 and 11 work fine although IMO V11 of Pro Tools makes NI (Especially Kontakt) work like they alway should have. (i.e. now usable)
Old 07-09-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
No reinstall required of NI & libraries)
NI's Service Center will show if you require updates (Just download and run)
(They will show a checkbox to included AAX (Gray and selected) if already installed))

PT's 10 and 11 work fine although IMO V11 of Pro Tools makes NI (Especially Kontakt) work like they alway should have. (i.e. now usable)
But the thing is the op wouldn't have checked to install the aax version because he had no need to. The aax install on updates is an option if not already installed. Service Center will not know or care what daw you have installed. But you're right as there's no reinstall of libraries needed. Just re-download the latest updates from NI directly and have at it (remembering to check the aax option on install of the update).

QAPLA!