Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-05-2022, 02:41 PM

Default Confused re Subscription and New Licenses

Hello all, been a while since I’ve posted. I’ve got a question regarding my Pro Tools plan.

Looking at the My Avid section, I have an entry for just Pro Tools, which is current and being paid monthly, next renewal is on May 17, 2022. This has a download link for Pro Tools 2022.4, and does not specify anything regarding Flex Studio or Ultimate. Then I have another entry that says Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan, which expires May 17, 2022, so same day as the other license, and gives me the option to pay $199 as a Renewal for a year of Pro Tools Studio, $999 for a year of Ultimate with Flex in parentheses, or $31.99 a month for Pro Tools Studio.

So do I have two currently active Pro Tools licenses? The monthly subscription price I have been paying is $9.99; the My Avid screen doesn’t say anything about this changing, but if it doesn’t what version of Pro Tools does that leave me with? Thanks for anyone who can help!
[email protected]

Providing recording, mixing, and post-production audio services, as well as consultation and both on-site and remote pro audio tech support. Shoot us an email for more info!
Old 05-05-2022, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Confused re Subscription and New Licenses

Sounds to me like you have two licenses, a monthly subscription and a perpetual license that is currently up for renewal. I wonder if perhaps last year you accidentally both renewed the perpetual, and signed up for a subscription?

In any case, you should be able to let the first one lapse with no ill effects, and renew just the second. Unless you actually prefer to have a subscription...
* Soundtoys + Valhalla + Fabfilter + Spitfire
* RME Fireface UCX II ~ Arturia Keylab Essential 49
* various clarinets, trumpets, flutes, plucky stringy thingies
Old 05-05-2022, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the quick reply!! I guess that must be what happened, wish I’d caught that sooner. So here’s my next question, per the language in the attached screenshot, active Pro Tools subscribers are being transitioned to Pro Tools Studio at no cost. Does this mean if I allow the currently active subscription to renew on May 17, it’ll continue renewing at $9.99? Tripling the cost per month definitely doesn’t seem like it’s at “no cost” to me.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6DDBDF6D-1A18-4016-AF88-EC5F5F72D2D8.jpg (13.6 KB, 0 views)
[email protected]

Providing recording, mixing, and post-production audio services, as well as consultation and both on-site and remote pro audio tech support. Shoot us an email for more info!
Old 05-05-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyclash34 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply!! I guess that must be what happened, wish I’d caught that sooner. So here’s my next question, per the language in the attached screenshot, active Pro Tools subscribers are being transitioned to Pro Tools Studio at no cost. Does this mean if I allow the currently active subscription to renew on May 17, it’ll continue renewing at $9.99? Tripling the cost per month definitely doesn’t seem like it’s at “no cost” to me.

Thanks again!
Artist at 9.99 a mth replaced Pro Tools FREE ...

they changed the name from Pro Tools LE to Pro Tools to Pro Tools Studio over the years ... and that went from 99.00 to 199.00 per year for a Perepetual License ...

Ultimate is Ultimate ...

the new features are just unlocking Ultimate Features for Studio ... nothing new really ... but they unlocked a few good ones .. Automation Volume TRIM !!! more tracks ... Clip FX ... etc ...

if you ONLY need one License i would update the PErpetual and let the subscription lapse (as was mentioned above) ... you can always get back into Subscription without penalty ... Perpetual, we either need to stay Current or buy a Reinstatement License Code and come back ... but it is 349.00 for that ....

so do some math and see how long you are willing to wait for Pro Tools to have the things you need and have the Bugs worked out ... and then enter your code and come back for One more Year ... i did that - waited about 1.5 years before spedning 335.00 last year to come back .. hoping for Silicon support before may18, 2022 .... not looking good !!! so, i think it will come within the next year, so i will update before i lapse ..

but if you did NOT need that and felt like all is good for now .. maybe take a chance that ther will be Reinstatement Codes available when you will Need one in the Future .. and if so, then maybe grab one now before there are No More available ... now, i though last year that was it, no More Reinstatement codes but here we are and Sweetwater has them !!!

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 05-05-2022, 03:29 PM

Check your iLok and make sure you see the Perpetual License for PT Studio and the Studio Subscription Plan. Stop paying the Subscription Plan and continue your Software Updates + Support Plan for $199 a year.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:02 PM

You have multiple PT products, and the one that's $9.99 is a Perpetual to Subscription Crossgrade, which is why it's discounted for the first 2 years. I'll start a case so we can match up System IDs to products and get this sorted out.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:10 PM

Awesome, thanks Jeffro!!
[email protected]