Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2010, 12:29 PM

Default Expression pedal > Rig Volume > on To Amp out as well?

I have just bought an expression pedal and plan to use it to control my overall volume I'm sending to both the FOH desk and my monitor on stage. I've successfully calibrated it and set it to control Rig Volume. Works fine when I check what's happening on the Main Outs. But when I connect my personal monitor to the To Amp Out 1 (as I usually do) the pedal shows no effect. Can the Rig Volume control function be set to affect both the Main Outs as well as the To Amp Outs? Or is that limited to the Main Outs?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Expression pedal > Rig Volume > on To Amp out as well?

Press and hold the edit/back button to get into User Options. Scroll down and go into "Volume Control". Select "All Outputs" . Press edit/back and go into "Persistent Volume" and enable that. Press the edit button twice to exit User Options and save your changes. That should enable your expression pedal to control all volume levels. There might be more to it but that has worked for me.
120GB OCZ Agility 3, 2 TB WD Green

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Pro Tools 8.0.5

M-Audio Keyrig 49
Eleven Rack w/ERXP
FCB1010 | Mackie SRM450v2 | Taylor 314ce | Ibanez RG321MH | ESP Horizon NT-II DSBS
Old 10-11-2010, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the suggestion - but I've already tried / done that. The knob on the front panel works like it should (affects all outputs), but the exp pedal still works just on the Main out, not the "To Amp Out".
Old 10-17-2010, 08:38 AM

Bump...still having the same problem: Exp Pedal affects Rig Volume on main outs only, not on "to amp out". Anybody know a solution?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Avid

Hi Realmf,

I would use the Volume effect block to control your overall volume, by moving it to the end of the rig signal chain and setting the Pedal destination option to control it. Doing it this way will affect both the Amp Outs and the Main Outs. Also, the Volume FX has greater control over taper, so it can be better optimized for use with a pedal. And you can enable the "Persistent Volume" user option for Volume FX, so that volume level is preserved when you change patches. I hope that answers your question.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 AM

Thanks, Chris,
I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. It's so logical. Great tip, great piece of gear. Thanks again ;-)