Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Default Re: PT native out of the bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Fair enough, and I definitely agree. On the flip side, I myself only ever wanted to use the digidesign hardware that I owned with what ever front end DAW I wanted, not just Pro Tools.
Shane
I use my MB-PRO with Reaper...

I do no see people buying Avid hardware to use with the competition. But the other way around, Avid hardware owners using other DAW's...
Old 10-09-2010, 04:54 PM

Default Re: PT native out of the bag

Asking for Pro Tools to work with other audio manufacturer's hardware is like asking Apple to let OS X run on other people's computer hardware. Apple likes to have control of the hardware their operating system and their other software, like Final Cut Pro, will work on so they can control the compatibility between hardware and software. Same thing for Avid and Pro Tools. Avid can't guarantee Pro Tools will work with your computer hardware, but they can pretty much guarantee it will work with their hardware. It's one of the things that attracted me to Pro Tools in the first place.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction