Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2011, 06:09 PM

Default PT9 and Superior Drummer 2.0

I'm running PT9 on Windows 7 and having issues getting the latest version of Superior Drummer 2.0 (2.2.3) to work properly.

The plug-in appears just fine in my plug-in menus. It loads fine (I usually use a stereo aux track), and plays back the samples when I click on the drums in the plug-in window. My problem is that the plug-in doesn't seem to recognize any midi I send to it. I use plenty of other samplers with the ProTools midi interface and everything works great with my keyboard (M-Audio Radium 49).

I'm sending the midi to the SuperiorDrummerMultiOut channel 1. Not sure what I'm missing. Any help would be much appreciated. The Toontrack support area is amazingly unhelpful.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:53 AM

Default Re: PT9 and Superior Drummer 2.0

Dude I think you need to put the superior drummer on a stereo instrument track then it should work I use it all the time and that's what I do, hope I'm right

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 06-12-2011, 06:02 AM

I agree with Raoul. Open SD 2 on an Instrument Track and you should be okay.

I have been using SD 2 with various versions of PT8 LE and 9 for awhile now with no problems.

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:32 AM

Hmm. No luck on the instrument track. It works with my other plug-ins though.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:52 AM

It always works here(first insert on a stereo instrument track). My biggest problem is getting it to NOT be triggered by some midi controller. I have 2 keyboards, an M-Audio Trigger Finger and a Roland TD-10 kit all feeding Pro Tools, but sometimes, even though I have selected a specific device to trigger SD2, it still gets triggered by one or both of the keyboards. I love audio.....I HATE midi

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-12-2011, 07:54 AM

Ok. Problem solved. Did a full uninstall, installed only the newest version available from Toontrack (didn't use the 2.0 disc), this time taking care to read the Read Me file carefully.

Turns out that whether you have a 64-bit machine or not, you have to use the 32-bit installer if you're using Superior with Pro Tools.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:38 AM

Glad it's working. I use stereo Aux In tracks all the time for SD, and any other VI that I intend to route multiple MIDI tracks to. I find that a "cleaner" way to work (again, for ME). Generally speaking, I tend to reserve Inst tracks for those VIs that have only one MIDI source, which then of course gets tracked on the Inst. track.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 06-13-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneal92 View Post
Glad it's working. I use stereo Aux In tracks all the time for SD, and any other VI that I intend to route multiple MIDI tracks to. I find that a "cleaner" way to work (again, for ME). Generally speaking, I tend to reserve Inst tracks for those VIs that have only one MIDI source, which then of course gets tracked on the Inst. track.
Yeah I agree. I started messing around with instrument tracks after the suggestions in this thread, but found them inefficient for most of my VI plug-ins since I'm almost always sending more than a single midi track to them.