Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Default "Nudging" question?

I've been using PT since the very first version came out back in the late 90's. Recently I installed ver 8.0.4 in my MacBook Pro laptop with 10.6.4 OS.

I went to use the "plus and minus" keys to nudge data and those keys don't seem to work for nudging on a laptop? Of course those 2 keys always worked on a regular extended key pad but not on my laptop so far?

Has anyone else had this problem? Can someone help with this?

Thanks in advance..
Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM

Default Re: "Nudging" question?

Try using the < and > keys.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:37 PM

Thanks, I tried that and still nothing?

According to the reference guide, the + 'n - keys are supposed to work in any "edit mode" it also mentioned the "forward /" and the "M" key.. but nothing there either..??
Old 10-28-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzhawk View Post
Of course those 2 keys always worked on a regular extended key pad but not on my laptop so far?
If you have one of the newer MacBookPro's (the generation with a black keyboard), you unfortunately do not have this option of the + and - keys, because Apple decided to stop providing an inlayed numeric keyboard on their laptops.

The other + and - keys that you are seeing next to the numbers row (in the top row above qwerty) execute different functions in PT.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM

I have one of the early Macbook pro models with the silver keys, but probably the same issue you mentioned I suppose?

Now I have to click and hold and drag the data to move it and that really sux

How am I going to be able to nudge data now?

Thanks for you help with this..
Old 10-28-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzhawk View Post
I have one of the early Macbook pro models with the silver keys, but probably the same issue you mentioned I suppose?

Now I have to click and hold and drag the data to move it and that really sux

How am I going to be able to nudge data now?

Thanks for you help with this..
You're in luck actually. I believe you have the same model as mine (also a silver keyboard) which has the numeric keypad under other keys. For instance, the little + in the bottom right corner of the ? key is your numeric keypad + for nudging, and the - is on the colon :

To access them, you have to be holding the fn key (very bottom left corner of keyboard) while pressing.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:05 PM

Thank you sooooo much for your help!! you made my day.. ;=))) it's working!!