Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 07-21-2022, 02:33 AM

Default EUCON 2022.10 in store?

Eddie and Jeff, any chance of getting a little update on what is planned for the next release?
Old 07-22-2022, 11:27 AM
Avid

Default Re: EUCON 2022.10 in store?

We are having to do a 22.9 release to support a bunch of new hardware components forced on us by the current supply chain issues. There are a couple of connection issue bugs fixed in it as well. Then we are looking towards the end of the year for a feature release. Customizable Channel Strip keys, some automation mode selection improvements and an old S5 automation feature. Plus a few other things. Thats already too much info
Old 07-22-2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
We are having to do a 22.9 release to support a bunch of new hardware components forced on us by the current supply chain issues. There are a couple of connection issue bugs fixed in it as well. Then we are looking towards the end of the year for a feature release. Customizable Channel Strip keys, some automation mode selection improvements and an old S5 automation feature. Plus a few other things. Thats already too much info
Great thank you!
Old 09-14-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Eddie, been using the swap layouts and channels over those last months I got myself going to press the actual selected layout button on the layout softkeys on the expectation of cycling between the swap layouts of that specific layout...

Dos it make sense to you as an intuitive behaviour. Do you follow me?

maybe it is a good idea, an option: "press layout button to cycle between swap layouts"

cheers
-----
Old 09-14-2022, 11:26 AM
Avid

That has a different function already of going out of that layout. This was a feature added at the request of users. I think the actual Swap button is more intuitive, no?
Old 09-15-2022, 04:59 AM

Quote:
That has a different function already of going out of that layout. This was a feature added at the request of users. I think the actual Swap button is more intuitive, no?
I genuinely get myself pressing the layout button expecting it to cycle the swaps.
I guess it is relatet to habit of pressing those buttons to change layouts ?
So, I know that behavior does not exists, but it seems to my brain that somehow a swap layout is a “change in the layout”.
I use the swap at the master module, of course, but it has an odd felling to it, like trying to reach to something in another shelve. Somehow misplaced.
Recently I started to have specific swap faders like VCA/Routing Folders on the same strip and in my that scenario the strip swap button is very intuitive!
I also have a bug report opened for a strange behavior that starts after the introduction of the swap function, do you want me to sent it’s number to you?
-----
Old 09-15-2022, 08:06 AM
Avid

Yes please do send it over but try 22.9(out later today) though as we fixed some issues around this area. You can put the All key on and do all swap.