Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2010, 01:09 PM

Question Can any Magma Expansion Chassis be used?

Hi there, I was curious if Pro Tools 8.xx HD would be compatible with [U]any [U]Magma Expansion Chassis or just with the newest series like the P7R4 Magma chassis? I see a lot of used Magma Chassis on ebay and wondering if there is a cheaper way to use an expansion chassis other than going the P7R4 Magma chassis way. Any compatibility list concerning expansion chassis and Pro Tools 8.xx would be nice.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Can any Magma Expansion Chassis be used?

Hi Paul,
I'll tell you what I know. I use a magma p7r464 chassis with an ASUS p6t ws pro. PT HD 4 accel version 8.1cs1 windows 7 64 bit. No issues. The only thing is I can't run the hardware buffer lower then 256 or I get an occasional 6031 error. I guess the older chassis work with PCIX slots and the newer chassis work with PCIe slots on the whole. I'm sure it's MB specific as well. I just know my rig works very well.
Best
Old 08-31-2010, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Can any Magma Expansion Chassis be used?

Thanks for your reply! Its pretty hard to find a clear answer on this, but your info helps!

Anyone else got anything to chip in?