Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2022, 05:23 PM

Default Please disregard that instruction - LOL

I'm running into this quite a lot.

The sessions are residing on a USB drive, but obviously the drive is mounted.

I do have networked drives, but this happens radomly and the sessions are self contained - ie not reference audio outside of the audio fles folder

find it kinda funny that "There is no way to adjust AAE's preferred size. Please disregard that instruction."

anyone have any tips, I have to quit and reopen PT.

( I have tried changing playback engine settings - but doesnt help - seems to happen then as play to the TC where it happened, it hapens again......

Avid Knowledge Base
AAE’s memory is running low. Please try to increase AAE’s Preferred Size. AAE - 9013
AAE -9013

Last Updated : April 26, 2018
Products Affected : Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD

AAE -9013 is encountered.
This may mean that Pro Tools is referring to a missing file or drive, and might occur if the session's storage device is dismounted.

Please ensure the session's storage volume is still available, and then quit and relaunch Pro Tools.

There is no way to adjust AAE's preferred size. Please disregard that instruction.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Please disregard that instruction - LOL

Stupid error message of the year. Maybe a not English as first language development team?

Try save copy In to the internal fast SSD. It may or may not matter what drive you do that to but a fast internal PCIe NVMe SSD should be the best bet.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420410

What exact USB drive, file system? Not clear that's relevant but...

This seems to be popping up recently, so maybe a new bug.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:33 PM

its a seagate USB 3 it was on a hub ( i have 2 more identical drives being backed up to ) I've switched it to being directly on the mac mini, lets see how that progresses.

I've just delivered a feature length , and starting the next - so have a bit of time to try minimise this before the last min crush......

read your thread, this session is dialog and foley, so there's been no dragging of external audio in yet,. ( I have seen as you suggested that PT sometime s doesnt always follow its prefs and copy everythign into the folder )

I do wonder if memory related, as a simpler foley only job a few weeks back didnt hit this issue. whilst more sfx . dialog complex often hit this, I tend to be trashing prefs restart and then might be fine for rest of day.

will investigate the disk cache. thanks
Old 06-07-2022, 07:14 PM

To be clear I'd ignore most of my questions in that other thread, and just would try the save copy in and see what it does. I mostly wanted to point out to you somebody else saw this recently and what they found worked.

But I am curious about the basid storage, Seagate makes lots of drive. Which one do you have exactly? And what file systems is on it?
Old 06-08-2022, 01:40 PM

I have seen this and trashed preference and rebooted. Also changed the buffer ram from normal to 1 gb. Haven't seen the message since.
Old 06-09-2022, 12:12 AM

havent suffered today. since I switched the drive to be USB back of the computer rather than a hub - ( hub had a few slower devices on Ilok keyboard etc )

I have been trshing my prefs every day for months, but not today

lets see what happens as the project builds up..

@darryl - sorry not sure what the drive is speedwise - not expensive tho 4TB USB 3 maybe a year old - - Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted)

I wasnt planning this work flow, but then I saw the 6 core at a price couldnt ignore on facebook, memory was good - but only 500gig internal SSD

Shame both my thunderbolts in use. 1 for t-tap 1 for firewire adaptor else I'd get a faster drive
Old 06-09-2022, 08:15 AM

This "not expensive tho 4TB USB 3 maybe a year old " makes me wonder if its a slow drive(like 5900 or 5400 rpm) which would give poor performance, at best. For USB use, I would get a Samsung T7, or install a WD Black in a USB3 case Since you have plenty of RAM, set the dick cache to 6-8GB(the "Normal" setting is no cache). That loads the audio files into RAM, so the speed of the hard drive is less important. With mine set at 5GB(I work mostly on 4-5 minute music), I can run 60 track sessions from a 5400 rpm USB drive

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-09-2022, 03:05 PM

well I just finished a 90 min TV movie -usually do 1 a month. - I'm guessing around 100- 150 active tracks, mostly ok. just had to reset the prefs say once a day then after that it would often go for 8 9 hours glitch free...

Yesterday I did probably 10 hour day - glitch free. So this might have been the hub..

I still get 'assertion errors ' sometimes when starting up

and this graphics glitch is every day. ( have to click slightly to the left and down a bit - kinda get used to it hahahah )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vtjtg7fj1...phics.mov?dl=0

Wondering whether to risk going to 22.4 or 5? is it a one way journey?

next deadline is in 12 days.....