Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-1999, 08:18 PM

Default More MIDI Sync Problems

When I originally ported over to Pro Tools NT, I could never get Cakewalk to sync while PT was running. I could use cakewalk and record and playback MIDI beautifully; and I could use PT and control my HUI with no problem, but as soon as both applications opened I could not record in cakewalk. It was like Pro Tools grabbed hold of the MIDI driver and would not let go for other applications (cakewalk). After much troubleshooting with tech support the problem was never resolved. They could get it working on their intellistation, but my configuration never worked. Here is my configuration.

IWILL BS100 motherboard
256 MB RAM
Midiman 4*4s MIDI

You get the gist of it.

Anyway, long story short...I chocked it up to a potential problem with Cakewalk, and assumed that maybe it was unpredicatable when used with PT. So I purchased another machine...installed 98 and cakewalk, and have been running my MIDI through it and looping it into the Midiman 4*4 on the PT station. Pretty expensive fix! Ouch!

So, foolish me...I just went and purchased samplecell II+, and lo and behold...same problem. I can use my keyboard for midi in to Samplecell fine...right up until ProTools fires up, and then it behaves exactle like cakewalk did! ARRRRGGGHHH!!

I have reinstalled the OS until I am blue in the face. Can anyone confirm or deny this MIDI problem with Samplecell, or cakewalk. Does anyone use an IWILL BS100 motherboard? Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I WILL definately be contacting tech support again to discuss this.

Thanks!

Jason