Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-30-2002, 10:26 PM

Default Protools DV video output ?

Im interested in the firewire output of DV video via protools. Perhaps someone who uses it a lot can fill me in on some concerns.

What file size do you get for a 20minute (film reel) file? Does the file breakup into 2GB segments ?

My last experience with DV Vid was on a logic rig and you could not copy the Video to say a backup drive without all the files losing there link to one another.

Any opinions on DV with PT would be great? I currently use quicktime mov but I am seeing how nice it would be to get traffic off the PCI bus.

Thanks

THanks
Old 10-31-2002, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Protools DV video output ?

Canopus and premier work fine for me [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
[email protected]m
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear
Old 10-31-2002, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Protools DV video output ?

DV video size equals about 3.6 MB/sec. This means it would take about 4.3 GB to store 20 minutes.

The 2GB file limit depends on your capture software. I just found out that iMovie has this limitation but Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, BTV Pro do not. In iMovie you can easily join several 2GB segments and re-render as one if you like.