Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Pro Tools Randomly Stopped Working

So here is an interesting problem. I bought an Mbox with pro tools 5.3 many years ago... over 5 years ago now in fact. It ran perfectly on my Dell Dimension 8200 (2GHZ Pentium Computer, 768mb RAM, 60GB Harddrive) for 3 straight years. I stopped using the mbox for a good 2 years and just hooked it up again, and it does not work. The Mbox itself works, i can hear my guitar and microphone through it fine, however pro tools will not record. I was told by digidesign that i needed to upgrade to pro tools 7. I did this, nothing. I cannot record anything. I consistently get one of many different errors either "the operating system held off interrupts for too long" or the stop button engages when i try to record, or something about my "audio clock." Ive now spent over $700 on pro tools and the mbox and it doesnt do the main thing it was designed to do. Ive called digidesign repeatedly and they can offer me no additional advice. This is the exact same computer that pro tools and the mbox worked perfectly on for 3 years. So it cant be that its a dual core processor, or that my computer is not compatible. It is hooked up through a usb cable, not firewire as so many people seem to be mentioning on this board. Nothing seems to work for me, im getting very dissapointed that my $700+ investment is completely washed down the drain. Ive turned to this forum for any last bits of advice. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Randomly Stopped Working

Hi Kyle-
Have you tried all the suggestions in the General Troubleshooting thread?

If nothing there is helpful, we woulld need to see details about your computer system in order to offer advice.

Quote:
Note: To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware, Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application can be used to post your full system profile:
www.sisoftware.net