Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Yo---Focusrite Liquid Channel RTAS Plug-in

Focusrite Liquid Channel

link

I was wondering if this will ever become a RTAS plugin.
I know it's not the same as the analog gear, but ha....... If it's close, MAY BE better than nothing. Kinda like Antares Mic Modeler.

But also, wouldn't this unit pretty much work but trying to copy the frequency response or EQ curve?? with some presets adding in a little "tape sat/comp", etc, etc.

Take for example.
I was monitoring my new Motif ES through the Digi-001 in "monitor mode"(button pressed) and the sound was pretty open and clean. I guess because of no A/D conversion. But when I set the track up to be recorded the effects of the "Thick Blanket" also called A/D take hold. So I decided to experiment with and AUX track & 1 band EQ---output bussed to the input of an audio track. My attempt was to try and match the clear, open sound of the "Monitor Mode" I set the eq to 2.8k at +3.5bd in high shelving mode and that little tweak made the recorded track sound much better. I only had a little time to play around, so i'll try it again soon. I also will be upgrading to the 002r in a few.

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE
Old 05-07-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Yo---Focusrite Liquid Channel RTAS Plug-in

P.S. I also heard the effects of Rosetta 800 into Digi-001 via adat opticals. Man ....can u say "Home-make HD". When I get a chance I try to immulated the Rosetta's response

Download free music at
Old 05-08-2004, 01:32 PM

Nuk, a while back you were trying to design a new room did you ever get started on that project?
Also try to find the budget for the 002r and the Rosetta800 (or at least the Rosetta200)that would have you setting in a nice zone.
The 002r sounds much better than the 001 but still no where near the original RosettaAD let alone the new Rosetta.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:30 PM

Ya, the new studio was finished about 3 months ago, I started adding new gear...Adat Xt20 & Sony 300 DAT( for transfers), MotifES6, Focusrite VM Pro, Mackie Control, Mackie Hr824s, and a few other pieces. The wife cracked the whip when she saw all the receipts SO I'm trying to GET(sneak in) the Digi-002r and that Shure KSM44 in the next month.

One of our DJ's just upgraded .... U87---Avalon 737--Rosetta 800 into digi-001 via HR824's. But he does a few things with Lil Wayne of Cash Money Records/Universal. SO it was well worth the investment. Some of the sessions get transfered to PatchWerk in ATL.

Download free music at
Old 05-10-2004, 03:04 PM

I have to upload the photos to our website.

design: web page

or http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/fi..._acoustics.jpg

Download free music at
Old 05-10-2004, 03:31 PM

I don't think they could ever make this into a plug because the big deal with the liquid channel is that it actually changes it's signal path to route the audio differently depending on what piece of gear you want to emulate. It's not just software, they actually make the hardware change to act just like that physical unit acts.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I don't think they could ever make this into a plug because the big deal with the liquid channel is that it actually changes it's signal path to route the audio differently depending on what piece of gear you want to emulate. It's not just software, they actually make the hardware change to act just like that physical unit acts.
Now that's tight!

Download free music at