Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 08-11-2022, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Perpetual users with support get full access to Inner Circle

Let's be real: Inner Circle comprises a bunch of bottom-rung freebie stuff tossed in as cross-promotion. An act of generosity? I honestly wonder whether some of these companies are paying Avid to be included. I doubt it costs Avid a thing.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Let's be real: Inner Circle comprises a bunch of bottom-rung freebie stuff tossed in as cross-promotion. An act of generosity?
Yes exactly. Surprised they didn't "include" a link to Spitfire Audio LABS as part of the "deal"
Old 08-11-2022, 11:01 PM

IK is annoying in that you have to install ALL their T-rack **** even for the lite version. I manually deleted the >1GB of dead weight.

Antares has the most convoluted installation I've ever encountered. "Install our installation manager. Then install this other app in oder to run our installation manager. Then..." Nah, y'all already lost me. Lmao wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
Inspired Acoustics - Inspirata Lite - I haven't checked this out yet, do I want to?
Been trying to, but the library download--a zip file over 10GB--seems to always fail at around 1GB. Anyone else having this issue? (I'm nowhere near running out of space, fwiw.)
Old 08-11-2022, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
When I saw that email, I became very concerned that Avid is going to raise the Support rate significantly to be closer to their PT Flex pricing, which I do not want. (cue Lando Calrissien)

None of those "Inner Circle"items (aside from the 2 that I've already purchased) are of any interest to me, and after watching them break up with UVI, and having to then buy Falcon to ensure my future session compatibility, I'm not remotely interested in any of their time-share partner offerings.
This ... inner circle = utterly irrelevant.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:32 PM

...maybe there will be an ultimate-inner-circle ?
CPU: Intel Core i9-10980XE
Motherboard: Gigabyte X299X AORUS MASTER E-ATX
RAM: 64 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4
Screen card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 VENTUS XS OC
Old 08-12-2022, 12:35 AM

The sound effects are worth having if you work in post and you don't already have them - there's no restriction on you remaining current with subs either. I don't know about all the plugins - are they all AAX format only? Is every license restricted and tied to a support plan as it used to be with Falcon?

The headline value of £2,000 is silly of course, but it's the same game almost everyone else plays.

TBH the main interest here is the messaging, not the content - perpetual customers are being "brought into the fold", and no longer treated like 2nd class customers. A small crumb of comfort perhaps. But it's pretty clear that the reason for that is that more and more perpetual license-owners are seeing how much they have to fork out every year for such meagre rewards, it was the cheapest and simplest way to entice a few more people to stay current.

Like others here, I don't rely on anything tied, effectively, to a subscription. Falcon was the biggest beast they had - now gone - but even there it was effectively subs and PT only, so wasn't any use to me (my composing work is done in Cubase).

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-12-2022, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
are they all AAX format only? Is every license restricted and tied to a support plan as it used to be with Falcon?
Damn, I think you're right. "Get access to a curated collection of free plugins, music & sound libraries, training resources, and more with your annual Pro Tools subscription or Software Updates + Support Plan for perpetual licenses."

The few I installed included AU and VST. Guess we'll see if they work end of term. I'm guessing no.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshuajusic View Post
The few I installed included AU and VST. Guess we'll see if they work end of term. I'm guessing no.
It'll depend on the licensing system. I think any using iLok license are likely to be time-limited. But some license systems don't have that capability - AFAIK IK Multimedia doesn't, for example.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-12-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
This is exactly how I feel. It's kind of insulting that the Avid plugin bundle isn't properly bundled with the software. I have licenses for better stuff anyway and like you say I won't put myself in the position of being unable to recall a session if i let the support plan lapse.

agreed... plus after 15 years of using PT i have a collection of plugins that i've deliberately chosen and learned. to now also have *another* convolution reverb, tape delay, pultec, la2a, more stompbox effects, etc doesn't really do anything for me. i just keep using what i already bought and what won't expire.
* Soundtoys + Valhalla + Fabfilter + Spitfire
* RME Fireface UCX II ~ Arturia Keylab Essential 49
* various clarinets, trumpets, flutes, plucky stringy thingies
Old 08-13-2022, 03:19 PM

A bit insulting, indeed!
16 Core
96 GB ram
macOS Ventura 13.4
Somehow, musicians are now technicians!