Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2003, 04:09 AM

Default About the 6.1 update for XP

Will the Windows-update be available for download?? Or will I have to wait 4-6 weeks for the CD to arrive if I order via the Digistore? (as mentioned by Digidesign) .. in that case it's mid-August at best, not mid-July!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 04:37 AM

Default Re: About the 6.1 update for XP

i'm under the impression it is not gonna be available for download. i'm not sure thou.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:59 AM

Hello,

I had the same question. Here is the response emailed to me from [email protected]
Quote:
Only the free Pro Tools updaters from v6.0 to 6.1 will be available for download. These will be almost 100 MB, the largest downloads we've ever had on the website.

Upgrade purchasers will receive the complete installer, there is no way to upgrade existing Pro Tools 5.x components with 6.1. PT 6.1 will require the full installer, and the CDs have about 650 MB of data on them. No downloads.

You can pre-order from your dealer, then as soon as they receive it you can go into the dealer and pick it up.

Or you can order on the DigiStore in another week or 2, and shipping is overnight, after 2-3 business days to process the order. It really shouldn't take that long, although there will be a tremendous rush initially.

Best regards,

Customer Service Administration
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:33 PM

Can someone from digi post the current official policy on 6.x ? What and where is 6.0 for the PC ? How do i get 6.1 ? There seem to be a lot of contradicting information on this site, and from pro tools dealers and apparently at shows. Why not just make one clear statement including

How do you get it.
When we will ship it.
What you need to do to make sure you get your no charge copy.
How you qualify for the no charge copy.

Here is my view. When i bought my -002 6.x was released on the MAC but not on the PC. I said to the delaer i would wait for the 6.x PC release.
He said it was delayed, buy now and the upgrade to 6.x is free.

This is in line with what almost every other software manufacturer (although most release windows first because of the larger user base) does because otherwise it kills your sales for one quarter before the offical product comes out because everyone waits or buys something current. The only other alternative is to discount the quarter before and i didnt get a discount.

I want a free upgrade to 6.x and i want to know how to get it. Can someone from Digi please put out todays policy ?
Old 07-10-2003, 08:59 PM

ok, I'm really confused now [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
so if I got the M-box a few weeks ago and I use it on XP, I'm not going to get a free upgrade?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:07 PM

I don't care if it costs me $75 for whatever upgrade. I just want a new bound 6.1 manual included with the s/w!
Old 07-11-2003, 01:21 AM
Avid

It's all pretty clear;

PT 6.1 for Windows will be available mid July.

Upon availability, you will be able to buy it online from the DigiStore, or from your dealer. It will not be available via download.

All registered 002 customers will receive it for free. It will be mailed to your registered address.

All customers who purchased and registered a Digi system on or after April 1, 2003 will receive a free PT6.1 upgrade. It will be mailed to your registered address.

DigiCS
Old 07-11-2003, 01:36 AM

Yes to the manual included...I'm with you seven

defretman