Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-17-2010, 09:56 PM

Default Batch Fade Question

Recently when I batch fade in the middle of a song, for instance 10 fades on some punch ins, I drag and highlight the area I want fades on and when they finish The first and last punch ins are treated as the start and end of the song and have a fade up and down instead of a crossfade into the previous and next sections. All the fades in the middle are perfect. I have been using PT forever and I have never had this problem. I am missing something stupid here, help me out please.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Batch Fade Question

I have noticed some strange behavior as you are mentioning with batch fades. Often times, I have some fades I've drawn (and am happy with) on a track. But if I need to apply a batch fade of little punches or whatever sometimes I have no fades, sometimes they are 'fade in; fade out' (even though that box is unchecked inthe fade dialog).

Yesterday I did a little fade-dialog-dance and right-clicked on the entire track and did the 'delete fades' and then batch faded with no problem. It seems as though if there are already fades on a file then the batch fade will not process every region. For whatever reason. Boo.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:00 AM

from 3 years ago:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=188648
Old 03-18-2010, 09:42 AM

Frank thanx a lot. i will try everything that says but from what I am reading that assumes you will select the entire audio on the track.
I am concerned with lets say a small segment of 20 fades in the middle of a track.
I guess in theory it reall doesnt matter if the dont adjust existing fades box is on you can select the entire track every time. Still for some off reason over all these years I just dont remember this happening. Maybe it has and I just have never noticed it.
Thanx for your help again.