Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 03-20-2023, 11:47 AM

Default Batch Fades in time code option...

I know this has likely been asked before but it'd be awesome if in the batch fades dialog box the length unit could be a drop down menu of which time code could be a selection instead of milliseconds for us tv/film folks.

Thx,
J.R.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Batch Fades in time code option...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Fountain View Post
I know this has likely been asked before but it'd be awesome if in the batch fades dialog box the length unit could be a drop down menu of which time code could be a selection instead of milliseconds for us tv/film folks.

Thx,
J.R.
Been asking for this for 20 years! Maybe someday!
Old 03-20-2023, 01:08 PM

Avid Link has a "Features Request" Lounge. I recommend you post there. Even though some people make a huge stink of "well WE don't use Link", you might as well do it.

(I cannot imagine for the life of me being a dev or ops team member and finding this post out of the 25 or so in the last so many hours, that says "Batch Fades in time code option" and thinking, AH I should be proactive about this obvious feature request. That isn't going to happen. So Avid themselves pointing out, please put feature requests here in this Link Lounge and vote on them, it seems reasonable to try something new instead of asking for things for 20 years in a non sensical, as it is unused, location.)
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 03-20-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
Avid Link has a "Features Request" Lounge. I recommend you post there. Even though some people make a huge stink of "well WE don't use Link", you might as well do it.

(I cannot imagine for the life of me being a dev or ops team member and finding this post out of the 25 or so in the last so many hours, that says "Batch Fades in time code option" and thinking, AH I should be proactive about this obvious feature request. That isn't going to happen. So Avid themselves pointing out, please put feature requests here in this Link Lounge and vote on them, it seems reasonable to try something new instead of asking for things for 20 years in a non sensical, as it is unused, location.)
They have been asked directly by many many people in the post world including me over the years, not just on message boards. It has been continuously promised and never delivered.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:14 PM

Thanks for pointing that out Ned, wasn't aware of that. I've posted it there.

J.R.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret View Post
They have been asked directly by many many people in the post world including me over the years, not just on message boards. It has been continuously promised and never delivered.
+1
Old 03-21-2023, 11:20 AM

I don't see those promises being made. Where is this information?

Does having the ability to make a fade 1 or 2 frames really even matter? Probably not.

Is there other much more important stuff to do? Probably.

"Will we work on it if we get around to it?" Sure.

My primary point was keep asking, and coordinate the way the company has openly communicated, that is, to use Link.

I'm only going on public and direct communications. Not 20 year old promises that are invisible to me lol.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 03-21-2023, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I don't see those promises being made. Where is this information?

Does having the ability to make a fade 1 or 2 frames really even matter? Probably not.

Is there other much more important stuff to do? Probably.

"Will we work on it if we get around to it?" Sure.

My primary point was keep asking, and coordinate the way the company has openly communicated, that is, to use Link.

I'm only going on public and direct communications. Not 20 year old promises that are invisible to me lol.
Thank you for your valuable insight.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Does having the ability to make a fade 1 or 2 frames really even matter?
I think I can answer for everyone working in post - YES.

As it is we do it by using math, which doesn't sound too bad until you think about the multiple frame rates we deal with.

The issue came up as soon as they introduced batch fades.

The Shift window has timecode. The Space Clips window has timecode. It's everywhere except here.