Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2003, 04:27 PM

Default Ooppss! Another bug in 6.0.1 TDM!

During a session out of basically nowhere on one of my MIDI track (Motif USB MIDI) suddenly the MIDI notes stopped playing back on its assigned Aux track! There was MIDI note signals but no audio at all!
So next I record enabled the MIDI track and while I was playing the instrument everything was fine! So I pushed the play button and again nothing.
Also as I was selecting the MIDI notes in the Edit Window it was playing back through the Aux track but again when Pro-Tools was playing back it wasn?t working.
Weird problem isn't it!
So I quit Pro-Tools but on top of this annoying situation I could not start it up again anymore only after I restarted my Mac, things went back to normal.
Only Pro Tools was running under OSX 10.2.5 and I started up the system properly by the book!
This problem never happened with Pro-Tools 5.3.1 under OS 9.2.2 with the same setup!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE FROM A PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE WHICH WAS RELEASED AS A FULLY CAPABLE SOFTWARE AND NOT A BETA AND YET IT IS FULL OF PROBLEMS!
WE PAYED TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR A TDM SYSTEM AND ALMOST A THOUSSAND FOR THIS UPGRADE TO OS X INCLUDING e.g. THE WAVES PLATINUM OS X BUNDLE!

DIGI!
I KNOW THAT MOST OF US THROUGH THE DUC GAVE YOU SOME PRESSURE TO GET THE OS X VERSION OUT FASTER, BUT I ALSO HAVE TO MENTION THAT YOU VERE ONE AMONGST THE LAST ONCE
TO DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE TO BE OS X READY.

FROM A SYSTEM THIS EXPENSIVE, WE NEED MORE PROFESSIONALISM FROM YOUR PART TO GIVE US WHAT WE?RE PAYING FOR!!!

P.S.: I don?t want to blame anybody why is the
Pro-Tools 6.0.1 doesn?t work properly but it really has essential problems and I don?t want to feel myself like I fell into a marketing trap and regret that I upgraded to OS X early!

Pro-Tools 10.3.10 HD 2 Accel PCIe
OSX 10.10.3