Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-04-2003, 04:27 PM

Default Ooppss! Another bug in 6.0.1 TDM!

During a session out of basically nowhere on one of my MIDI track (Motif USB MIDI) suddenly the MIDI notes stopped playing back on its assigned Aux track! There was MIDI note signals but no audio at all!
So next I record enabled the MIDI track and while I was playing the instrument everything was fine! So I pushed the play button and again nothing.
Also as I was selecting the MIDI notes in the Edit Window it was playing back through the Aux track but again when Pro-Tools was playing back it wasn?t working.
Weird problem isn't it!
So I quit Pro-Tools but on top of this annoying situation I could not start it up again anymore only after I restarted my Mac, things went back to normal.
Only Pro Tools was running under OSX 10.2.5 and I started up the system properly by the book!
This problem never happened with Pro-Tools 5.3.1 under OS 9.2.2 with the same setup!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE FROM A PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE WHICH WAS RELEASED AS A FULLY CAPABLE SOFTWARE AND NOT A BETA AND YET IT IS FULL OF PROBLEMS!
WE PAYED TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR A TDM SYSTEM AND ALMOST A THOUSSAND FOR THIS UPGRADE TO OS X INCLUDING e.g. THE WAVES PLATINUM OS X BUNDLE!

DIGI!
I KNOW THAT MOST OF US THROUGH THE DUC GAVE YOU SOME PRESSURE TO GET THE OS X VERSION OUT FASTER, BUT I ALSO HAVE TO MENTION THAT YOU VERE ONE AMONGST THE LAST ONCE
TO DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE TO BE OS X READY.

FROM A SYSTEM THIS EXPENSIVE, WE NEED MORE PROFESSIONALISM FROM YOUR PART TO GIVE US WHAT WE?RE PAYING FOR!!!

P.S.: I don?t want to blame anybody why is the
Pro-Tools 6.0.1 doesn?t work properly but it really has essential problems and I don?t want to feel myself like I fell into a marketing trap and regret that I upgraded to OS X early!

Pro-Tools 10.3.10 HD 2 Accel PCIe
OSX 10.10.3
Old 05-04-2003, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Ooppss! Another bug in 6.0.1 TDM!

Same MIDI problems with other MIDI devices too!
And once while I was trying to do something and solve the problem in the MIDI Devices Setup panel it suddenly just quitted Pro-Tools as is!
[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

OSX 10.10.3
Old 05-04-2003, 06:00 PM

I'm pissed too. I'm sorry I upgraded to 6.0.1 OSX 10.2.5. What a mess. I have errors all over the place, and can't even get PT to recognize my 3 Motormixes or my Emagic AMT8. PT also seems to only accept the Unitor8 dirver, not the AMT8. What a mess. I've never had any PT problems until this mess.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:08 PM

Hi,

Read your message to Digi. Is tha answer that PT 6.0.1 is not officially approved for OS 10.2.5 yet? Just a thought.

Have you had any crashes or freezes where the screen goes gray and gives you a white note that says to restart by holding down the power button?

Take Care,

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 05-04-2003, 08:38 PM

O.K Guys! here is another one!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Under Beat Detective I select a 4/4time signature, 4 bar long Stereo Drum Audio region, Analyze it, after this a change the time signature to 16/16, I click on the third radio button at the "Contains" section than click it back to the second radio button to change it to 16th notes and...
Wow!! What a surprise, Pro-Tools 6.0.1 hangs on me!!!!!
I've waited about 15 minutes than I had to force quit it! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

About the MIDI problems:
I'm also suspecting that the Roland Super MPU64 USB MIDI interface OS X driver which is the same as the Roland UM4 (which is compatible officialy) has some problem! Well, I've downloaded the latest and I'll see what will go on from now! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

gives!
OS X 10.2.5 is aprooved with my Dual 1 GHz Power Mac G4 with 1.25 Gbyte Kensington (Apple Aprroved) RAM.

OS X 10.2.5
Dual 1 GHz Power Mac G4

OSX 10.10.3
Old 05-05-2003, 09:55 AM

Hey Guys
I've seen some wierd midi problems on my very basic setup too. It seems that once a session gets corrupted there's no fixing it. You have to quit PT (and reboot?) then create a new session and import the tracks from the bad session. It almost seems like a bug with the apple midi setup, or whatever they call it. 10.2.5 is officially supported by digi.