Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 10-04-2022, 06:45 PM

Default US $31.49 for SSL Fusion Vintage Drive - Sale ends Monday 10/10!

85% OFF on the SSL Fusion Vintage Drive during the SSL Vintage Drive Flash Sale!

https://plugindiscounts.com/brands-p...gic-home-page/

The SSL Fusion Vintage Drive plug-in is a digital emulation of the Vintage Drive processor from SSL’s critically acclaimed SSL Fusion stereo outboard hardware processor. Designed to produce the gentle harmonic saturation and soft compression reminiscent of driving vintage hardware into the analogue sweet spot, the SSL Fusion Vintage Drive plug-in is a must have for adding organic analogue feel to your tracks, groups, mixes and masters.
Description
Key Features:
• Modelled on the coveted SSL Fusion Vintage Drive section.
• A unique, non-linear saturation circuit gives your mix added strength and cohesion.
• DENSITY and DRIVE interact to produce harmonics, soft-clipping, and natural compression.
• Emulates pushing an analogue console into its tonal sweet spot.
• MIX control, for blending in parallel with the original signal.
• AUTO GAIN that automatically accounts for gain introduced by the DRIVE, DENSITY and INPUT TRIM controls – introduce analogue drive without destructively affecting your mix levels.
• Built on the SSL Plug-in Engine.
o Exceptional DSP design with reference to the original analogue circuit designs.
o Modelled using a combination of real-life measurements, analogue circuit designs, and close collaboration with the original analogue designers of the SSL FUSION hardware.
o SSL’s cross-platform preset management and A/B-ing system.
o Built-in UNDO/REDO support.
• Comes loaded with presets from world-class producers and engineers, including: Adrian Hall, Alan Moulder, Caesar Edmunds, Charlie Holmes, Michael Brauer, Romesh Dodangoda, Sean Divine and Wez Clarke.

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/pl...-drive-plug-in

Video - SSL Fusion Vintage Drive Plug-in X Sean Divine
https://youtu.be/NpHnUkIBlgw
Old 10-04-2022, 08:33 PM

Default Re: US $31.49 for SSL Fusion Vintage Drive - Sale ends Monday 10/10!

Email I got today:

Quote:
Over the next 5 weeks we'll be offering a different Fusion plug-in on sale each week!

Each FUSION plug-in will be available for just $34.99, meaning you can make huge savings across the range and build the perfect FUSION processing chain in your DAW. 🔥

4th Oct - 10th Oct: SSL FUSION Vintage Drive Plug-in ONLY $34.99 (USUALLY $199).

Stop back 11th Oct for the next FUSION Plug-in at $34.99.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:58 PM

Delighted to see that the Fusion range will be offered at a price I can afford!

Create a free (Plugin Discounts) account and login to see an even-lower price ...
Old 10-05-2022, 09:30 AM

Is it actually useful though? I get Fusion as hardware but as a plugin is it doing anything unique? Especially compared to X-Sat?
Old 10-05-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Is it actually useful though? I get Fusion as hardware but as a plugin is it doing anything unique? Especially compared to X-Sat?
I'm going to try it tonight.

I think the point is, though, that this is an option to get some or all of the sections of Fusion as individual plugins, if you want. Might be tempting, and cheap, but you really won't know until you have them all, if it's something that works good and suits you. It'll never be a Fusion, but it might be good.

I've seen that Fusion HW owners get the plugins for $9.99 each these five weeks.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:01 PM

I've seen some of the hardware owners say that it just ins't the same. Maybe with its difference it gives something, but if it is suppose to emulation the hardware but really doesn't.

So if maybe demo it or if you just want another kind of saturator with a different color maybe it is for someone.
Depends on if it is useful for you.
Almost every plugin
Old 10-06-2022, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
We have a Fusion hardware and it is a HUGE difference in sound when pushed a bit and usual with plugins so no, there are nothing the plugin does that Fusion doesn’t do way better.

It is a good alternative if you can’t afford the Fusion or only want to work ITB but it is ways away from the hardware. Youtube vidoes show this aswell although we tested ourselves with both our Fusion and ALL the ”Fusion plugins” so we have done alot of testing just to check how the plugins fair against hardware and don’t wanna start a Plugin vs Hardware fire here but the difference is very apparent even on Apple earbuds we tried for the hell of it and on expensive monitors.

But a good tool if you can’t get the real hardware.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-06-2022, 06:07 AM

There are not many plugin emulations of hardware that actually quench my thirst for the real thing. I am impressed though in how quickly SSL got into the plugin market, especially how many different plugins they put out in such comparably low time frame. It is not unlikely that they have already made more profit from the Fusion plugins as from the counterpart hardware. This is interesting because now they can economically factor in the sales of software into the development of new analog hardware that will then be replicated digitally. The ever so higher fidelity from the hardware will leave plugin users yearning for the real thing and potentially even committing to a purchase if the processor is continued to be used in critical mix applications, such as the mix bus.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martthie_08 View Post
There are not many plugin emulations of hardware that actually quench my thirst for the real thing. I am impressed though in how quickly SSL got into the plugin market, especially how many different plugins they put out in such comparably low time frame. It is not unlikely that they have already made more profit from the Fusion plugins as from the counterpart hardware. This is interesting because now they can economically factor in the sales of software into the development of new analog hardware that will then be replicated digitally. The ever-so-higher fidelity from the hardware will leave plugin users yearning for the real thing and potentially even committing to a purchase if the processor is continued to be used in critical mix applications, such as the mix bus.
They've been in the plug-in game for quite a long time. I remember buying my Duende PCIe back in maybe 2006. That being said they really make some top-notch plugs. I love the channel strip and buss compressor. I had the Warm Audio SSL clone for a while but dumped it because the plug was better for what I'm doing.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 10-06-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We have a Fusion hardware and it is a HUGE difference in sound when pushed a bit and usual with plugins so no, there are nothing the plugin does that Fusion doesn’t do way better.

It is a good alternative if you can’t afford the Fusion or only want to work ITB but it is ways away from the hardware. Youtube vidoes show this aswell although we tested ourselves with both our Fusion and ALL the ”Fusion plugins” so we have done alot of testing just to check how the plugins fair against hardware and don’t wanna start a Plugin vs Hardware fire here but the difference is very apparent even on Apple earbuds we tried for the hell of it and on expensive monitors.

But a good tool if you can’t get the real hardware.
Thank you! That's great that you were able to test it. I don't watch YouTube videos . I trust your opinion though.

I didnt word it well but I was trying to say I appreciate the Fusion as hardware in an out of the box setting. I was skeptical that the plugin would emulate it thoroughly. I might give it a try since I like every SSL plugin I own, which is quite a few.