Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 10-04-2022, 03:41 AM

Default AIR Structure

I have an iLok license for Structure 1.1, but cannot find how I can upgrade to v2. Is it paid, or has Structure been dropped?

Air Music Tech returned one email saying there had been compatibility issues with Monterey, but didn't answer the question. Since then they simply stopped communication a week ago.

Is it possible to import my library of samples into something like Waves CR8 with a more reliable support?
Old 10-04-2022, 08:04 AM

Default Re: AIR Structure

It is a paid upgrade. AIR is very flaky. They seem dead then spring up after a couple of years with updates. I'm not sure if there's a way to convert the library. It's not an open format. I've never used CR8 but it seems like a very simple thing and not in the same league as a full sampler.

AIR lists Structure as being compatible with Monterey and M1 with the latest version. Either your support contact knows something else or is mistaken?

AIR stuff typically goes on deep discounts a couple of times a year at various plugin shops. JRR, Plugin Boutique, Don't Crack etc... FYI the Instrument Expansion Pack Upgrade or whatever it's called includes Strcuture 2 plus a lot of their other instruments. And is usually the same price as the standalone Structure 2.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:24 AM

Air Instruments is the worst software on earth. Way back it was good - and then it turned into a multi dimensional black hole. I used to love it but now won't touch it with a thousand foot pole. I wasted precious months on Air.
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 10-24-2022, 06:47 AM

They eventually got back to me saying it is a paid upgrade, but by then I had decided to move on. It just isn't worth paying twice for it. I can use free for any specific sounds I had anyway.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
They eventually got back to me saying it is a paid upgrade, but by then I had decided to move on. It just isn't worth paying twice for it. I can use free for any specific sounds I had anyway.
Even though I do have the latest upgrade, this thread reminded me that I haven't used Structure for years in an actual project.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-24-2022, 05:03 PM

There are WAY better and newer options with real CS and i think used structure 5-8 years ago called IEP3 but loom and a few others in that bundle are great 👍🏻

But strike and structure …. No way!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-25-2022, 09:19 AM

I used to use AIR VI's a lot. I still use Loom and Hybrid once in a while. But AIR seems to have forgotten about all their users and I haven't seen an upgrade to any of the AIEP pack VI's (7 of them) in YEARS! Even though many users have made improvement requests many, many times, especially for Structure and Transfuser.

Strike I never used. Vacuum Pro occasionally.

I often use Xpand when I'm in composition mode just to have placeholder patches to work out ideas.

But otherwise, I've lost confidence in AIR and have turned to using many other VI's and plugins since.

Old 10-25-2022, 12:49 PM

I agree that Loom, Vacuum Pro, and even Xpand can have a place, but I can't find a use for the others. I really don't understand this company's strategy.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-26-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I agree that Loom, Vacuum Pro, and even Xpand can have a place, but I can't find a use for the others. I really don't understand this company's strategy.
They're owned by InMusic so there might not be a strategy.

I too wrote them off years ago. Just trying to help OP find a solution.

Except Loom II. Still use that.

As far as samplers I like TAL Sampler. Steinberg Halion is very decent. And of course Falcon but that's a bit more than a sampler.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:02 AM

I have AIR everything, but their support cannot reach me by email. They are going the Waves route unless I get my email THIS YEAR.